ASIO reported latency and manual offset not working properly (SOLVED)

Hi, I did a loopback test and I'm getting a consistent latency of aprox. 413 samples between the original signal and the recorded one, and after entering that value in 'Manual offset', I repeated the test and still get the same delay.

In fact, the latency is exactly the same with 'Use ASIO reported latency' checked or unchecked.

I've done the same test in other DAW (Reaper, Cubase Elements 11, Samplitude Music Studio 2020, Studio One Prime 5) and both reported latency and manual offset work as expected.

CbB 2021.04, UMC204HD audio interface, ASIO buffer 128 samples.

AsioLatencyTest.jpg

Edited by giovannibuchelli

Hi, I've got exactly the same problem, record latency adjustment is not working for me in the new release. There is a gap between the pointer and the start of the recording corresponding exactly to the reported number of samples but no automatic adjustment as in earlier versions.  If I use the ASIO panel to change the buffer size, the number of samples changes with the recorded audio clip offset but it is not automatically subtracted ie there is still a gap between the pointer and the start of the recorded audio. I can move the clips manually for perfect results but that defeats the object. It was working fine with the previous version so I will roll back until this issue is fixed. 

CbB 2021.04, HX Stomp audio interface, ASIO buffer 128 samples.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Noel Borthwick said:

@giovannibuchelli & @Patrick Bray 

I suspect this is a side effect of a different bug fix I did to solve an issue with virtual ports and aux track recording where punch in recording would be late.
Can you confirm whether you are doing either punch in recording or loop recording, or if in your test it was just simple recording.

Hello,

In my test it was a simple recording.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Noel Borthwick said:

@giovannibuchelli & @Patrick Bray 

I suspect this is a side effect of a different bug fix I did to solve an issue with virtual ports and aux track recording where punch in recording would be late.
Can you confirm whether you are doing either punch in recording or loop recording, or if in your test it was just simple recording.

Hi, yes it was a simple recording for me also, I haven't tried punch or loop.

On 5/2/2021 at 7:59 AM, Patrick Bray said:

Hi, I've got exactly the same problem, record latency adjustment is not working for me in the new release. There is a gap between the pointer and the start of the recording corresponding exactly to the reported number of samples but no automatic adjustment as in earlier versions.  If I use the ASIO panel to change the buffer size, the number of samples changes with the recorded audio clip offset but it is not automatically subtracted ie there is still a gap between the pointer and the start of the recorded audio. I can move the clips manually for perfect results but that defeats the object. It was working fine with the previous version so I will roll back until this issue is fixed. 

CbB 2021.04, HX Stomp audio interface, ASIO buffer 128 samples.

Just to confirm the easy fix, I rolled back to 2021.01 and the record latency adjustment is working fine again.