Using Cakewalk Live with Setlists - HELP #3

Harddrive

Question

Hi all

Probably asked this before but:

Have my first and second sets set up in 'Setlist' format. However - 

1. One of my songs refuses to 'STOP' at the last event, to move onto the next song. It just keeps going. The green markers at the top show that the 'song' itself is longer than it is (I did some editing in it a while ago and it seems that what I cut out hasn't affected where these green markers sit, and even if I drag them back to the last event  - the switching off of my MIDI controlled vocal effects in my Lexicon MX200 and the setting of the lighting in my DMXIS dongle - the song still remains the length it was originally set at.) How do I fix this? What editing bit to I need to access to make sure the song stops where it should? All other songs 'STOP' and the next song loads, waiting for the spacebar to be pushed.

2. After every song I play, the asterisk flashes up next to the song title indicating the song needs to be saved on completion. Why does this happen? It didn't happen in my old Sonar 8 or Sonar 3, but now this DAW thinks that changes have been made when even if I just polay through the song and edit nothing, it needs me to save it before closing it? How do I get rid of this?

Cheers

HARDDRIVE

1 answer to this question

This I think is an old bug with the playlist. I really tried hard a few years ago to make it work and funny things are I also wanted to use my MX 200 and possibly set up lights. I used to do this with my Atari!  
But I found the playlist buggy and it resulted in delays between most songs. I’m used to having no delay between songs and I use a USB foot switch to advance WinAmps playlist. But of course Win Amp cannot send midi. Otherwise I’m fine with stereo backing tracks. 
There was one user here who had successfully used it for years so try google to see if you can find Playlist threads from the older forum. 

Edited by John Vere