Grand Rhapsody (Solved)

Royarn

Just bought this instrument for a project I'm working on in CbB. Sounds great but key up sound doesn't work in Cakewalk for some reason. Tried it in Studio One and it works but my project is in Cake. Anyone using this Waves plugin having similar problem.

Roy

Edited by Royarn
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Royarn said:

Well wonder why it's not working in Cakewalk for me. Got to be some sort of setting that it dont like. Tried it again this evening,  works in Studio one only. Not in stand alone or Cakewalk.

Roy

Did you see where I was adjusting the “key off” setting, what happens when you raise that level?

6 hours ago, Royarn said:

Just bought this instrument for a project I'm working on in CbB. Sounds great but key up sound doesn't work in Cakewalk for some reason. Tried it in Studio One and it works but my project is in Cake. Anyone using this Waves plugin having similar problem.

Roy

I have reported weird problems with this plugin when using It on Cakewalk long time ago (VST3 ver)... To Bandlab and to waves respectively. In my case, the plugin works only when I reset all the scanned plugins on Plugin Manager and with Manual Scan enabled under preferences. If I enable Scan on Startup, the plugin it is not detected when I re-open Cakewalk.

Edited by Feral State Sound
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Simeon Amburgey said:

Did you see where I was adjusting the “key off” setting, what happens when you raise that level?

Yes I have it turned up full but its doesnt produce any sound. Strange tested it today on Platinum and it works but still no go on CbB or Standalone.

12 hours ago, Feral State Sound said:

I have reported weird problems with this plugin when using It on Cakewalk long time ago (VST3 ver)... To Bandlab and to waves respectively. In my case, the plugin works only when I reset all the scanned plugins on Plugin Manager and with Manual Scan enabled under preferences. If I enable Scan on Startup, the plugin it is not detected when I re-open Cakewalk.

Ill give that a shot although it does show up and its working in every other way.

I can work around now by completing my project in Platinum instead of CbB though.

1 hour ago, Royarn said:

Yes I have it turned up full but its doesnt produce any sound. Strange tested it today on Platinum and it works but still no go on CbB or Standalone.

That is so very odd. The key up sound is not really what you would call a “key release” sample, it is rather just a mechanical artifact when the dampers reset but still you should be able to adjust the level.

i am wondering if you created an empty project and inserted Grand Rhapsody there to see if there might be something in the current project giving you trouble, If the piano is making sound otherwise?

Also another thing to try is switching between the HD and SD samples to see if that makes a difference (just sort of reaching for ideas). The strange thing is that it works in Platinum and Studio One which is very weird.

Will continue to try and research it on this end.

1 minute ago, Simeon Amburgey said:

That is so very odd. The key up sound is not really what you would call a “key release” sample, it is rather just a mechanical artifact when the dampers reset but still you should be able to adjust the level.

i am wondering if you created an empty project and inserted Grand Rhapsody there to see if there might be something in the current project giving you trouble, If the piano is making sound otherwise?

Also another thing to try is switching between the HD and SD samples to see if that makes a difference (just sort of reaching for ideas). The strange thing is that it works in Platinum and Studio One which is very weird.

Will continue to try and research it on this end.

Hi Simeon, Ive just got it sorted this afternoon, Ferel State Sound mentioned above about problems with scanning Waves Shell and it reminded me I had problems way back when I installed Waves Slap Bass program which has very similar style to Grand Rhapsody, so I reset plugins and did manual scan and now its working, so I guess Platinum and Studio One must have made a better job of scanning.

Thank you for your efforts, especially going to the trouble of making a video, very much appreciated and thanks to Ferel State sound for reminding me of the problems and solutions to Waves installers.

Best regards to you both Roy

• Like 2