Clouds

David Sprouse

3 hours ago, Jesse Screed said:

David, I tried the link, but it said I needed permission to view it.    (We don't need know stinking permission!)  Unless I want to hear your new tune.  Is that the feeling you were going for? :)

Peace

I have a feeling you know the feeling, jesse. :D:D I rejiggered it, give it a shot now.  I didn't spend a lot of time on this one. :D:D

Edited by David Sprouse

13 minutes ago, David Sprouse said:

I have a feeling you know the feeling, jesse. :D:D I rejiggered it, give it a shot now.  I didn't spend a lot of time on this one. :D:D

Boy and how!

The tune Clouds?  Wistful, yet as with all your music, an underlying hopefulness, especially beginning at the 2:00 mark.

Much do I like the sonic quality.  A great expression from your heart.

On 5/1/2021 at 8:49 AM, Jesse Screed said:

Boy and how!

The tune Clouds?  Wistful, yet as with all your music, an underlying hopefulness, especially beginning at the 2:00 mark.

Much do I like the sonic quality.  A great expression from your heart.

Thank you yoda!

3 hours ago, Douglas Kirby said:

I really liked this one David - I know you mentioned you didn't spend a lot of time on it - but I think it's quite good.  For some reason, it made me think of Debussy - but I'm no expert on classical music. Nicely done.

Douglas,   thank you for the feedback.  Debussy.. and che guevara?  Thanks for the kind compliment!

• Haha 1

David, I dont know why but once again your music just pulls at my heartstrings , nothing to do at first with the visuals.  There´s a british film directer (Ken loach ) and many others who way back  70`s - 80`s wrote some fantasic social study  films with bitter sweet themes and  once again this piece transposes me back to that time , theres such an emptyness,and  helplessness  and then at one point the sky opened up just for a glimpse of happiness and then back to well.... ..empyness  .........thats just my take of it and how it works for me ...cheers

Nicely done David, a very mellow piece . . . a nice bit of impressionism to relax my day . . . wait, my Sunday was already relaxing, now I need to go listen to some thrashing rock to get my edge back ! I'll certainly file this one for one of those days when I really need to lay back, like Friday.

On 5/2/2021 at 1:20 PM, Paul Bush said:

David, I dont know why but once again your music just pulls at my heartstrings , nothing to do at first with the visuals.  There´s a british film directer (Ken loach ) and many others who way back  70`s - 80`s wrote some fantasic social study  films with bitter sweet themes and  once again this piece transposes me back to that time , theres such an emptyness,and  helplessness  and then at one point the sky opened up just for a glimpse of happiness and then back to well.... ..empyness  .........thats just my take of it and how it works for me ...cheers

My goodness, thank you for the kind words.    I'll check up on ken loach.thanks for listening.

Edited by David Sprouse

10 hours ago, David Sprouse said:

My goodness, thank you for the kind words.    I'll check up on ken loach.thanks for listening.

Mike Leigh`s ``life is sweet ´´ and ``Raining stones´´ by Ken Loach are both clasic british social drama`s  these two directors are both exclent the films are gritty real life amost docu style they ``let the kettle boil until its boiled  ´´  cheers

6 hours ago, Paul Bush said:

Mike Leigh`s ``life is sweet ´´ and ``Raining stones´´ by Ken Loach are both clasic british social drama`s  these two directors are both exclent the films are gritty real life amost docu style they ``let the kettle boil until its boiled  ´´  cheers

Whilst not much of a cinephile, I enjoy listening to the music.  Rachel Portman did the music for LIFE IS SWEET.  Very curious to hear that.  Thanks so much Paul for the great words.

Edited by David Sprouse
  • Like 1

On 5/2/2021 at 4:54 PM, noynekker said:

Nicely done David, a very mellow piece . . . a nice bit of impressionism to relax my day . . . wait, my Sunday was already relaxing, now I need to go listen to some thrashing rock to get my edge back ! I'll certainly file this one for one of those days when I really need to lay back, like Friday.

I certainly hope that your m-f job involves music.  Thank you for taking the time to listen.

On 5/3/2021 at 12:35 AM, Makke said:

Pleasant video with airy soundtrack. 
Beautiful sounds and restful ambiance for relax.

Ma(r)kke, thank you!

On 5/3/2021 at 8:20 AM, Hidden Symmetry said:

Enjoyed the composition, video fit well...relaxing & meditative metre.

Thank you for taking the time to listen, HS.

• 4 weeks later...