Aim assist is offset when in PRV and mouse is over ruler (Solved with Build 145)

Promidi

Question

Hi guys

I am on CbB 2021.4 Build 144.

I have my global snap set to 1/16 and snap behaviour set to “Snap to”.  My PRV snap override is turned off. 

Aim assist is enabled with the “Show Aim Assist Time” time display is enabled.

This issue only happens in the PRV.  In track view, it’s fine.

When the mouse pointer is over anything but the PRV ruler, the Aim Assist line snaps to the correct location.

However, when the mouse pointer is over the time PRV’s ruler, the Aim Assist line itself is actually offset to where it should be.  The Aim Assist Time as displayed is correct.  Also, the time of the next action (note placement) is also correct. ie the note gets placed where the Aim Assist should be.

I did not notice this happening when checking the ER

Can someone please verify this for me. 

My next move is a Cakewalk support ticket, but I just wanted to see of anyone else is experiencing this issue.

Edited by Promidi

3 answers to this question

4 hours ago, Promidi said:

Can someone please verify this for me. 

Yes, I can see that as well, but only if measure 1:01 is not visible in the PRV. If measure 1:01 is visible in the PRV the snapping seems to work as expected regardless if the cursor is hovering over the actual PRV or over the PRV ruler. However, if I scroll slightly to the right so that measure 1:01 disappears out of sight, the aim assist line seems to be offset when the cursor is placed over the ruler.

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Canopus said:

Yes, I can see that as well, but only if measure 1:01 is not visible in the PRV. If measure 1:01 is visible in the PRV the snapping seems to work as expected regardless if the cursor is hovering over the actual PRV or over the PRV ruler. However, if I scroll slightly to the right so that measure 1:01 disappears out of sight, the aim assist line seems to be offset when the cursor is placed over the ruler.

Thanks for confirming this and for that extra detail. 

The snapping of the aim assist, in the PRV, worked as expected when measure 1:01 is visible.

I have lodged a support ticket with Cakewalk support.

• Thanks 1