99 Cent Back Issues of Computer Music

cclarry

5 hours ago, mibby said:

Don't get them for the plugins, you'll never be able to download them from Filesilo!  🤪

It's slow, but the site does eventually respond (several minutes later).  When I registered a bunch of issues, I opened the links in new tabs, waited for prompts, filled them in, and then checked back later for the responses.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, ALC said:

It's slow, but the site does eventually respond (several minutes later).  When I registered a bunch of issues, I opened the links in new tabs, waited for prompts, filled them in, and then checked back later for the responses.

Yes, it's quite painful but certainly worth it!

Or you could subscribe to Readly for one month.  That would get you every issue of Computer Music back to March 2015.  It will take a crazy amount of time but you can add all of them to FileSilo.  You also get Beat magazine in German and English back to July 2020.  While many of the offers have expired or are no longer redeemable, it's a crazy amount of magazine wear.  And I think Readly is offering two months free now, so you might be able to sign up and then cancel (don't hold me to that they have a lot of promotion deals and the terms may have tricks)

https://us.readly.com/

They also have a ton of other computer music magazines, including Electronic Musician, Future Music, Music Tech and lots of instrument magazines like Guitar Player, etc.  Yes it's $10 a month, but at least for me it's worth it.  The only major computer music magazine they don't have is Sound On Sound.

• Like 1
  • Great Idea 2

If you just get the latest CM issue, you’ll get the collection which includes a lot of the plugins from previous issues (so no need to get those issues).  If it’s a special CM version of a plugin, it’s probably available in the following CM collections each month.  I look for the ones that advertise the monetary value of the plugin (though some of those like IK’s expire after a while).