Loot Audio Freak Music Bundle

cclarry

This incredible bundle from Freak Music contains 9 unique products.

Each product contains a carefully created and skilfully produced set of sounds, presets and midi suited towards ambient, downtempo, chillout and cinematic music.

Purchase this bundle and save 90% off the regular selling price.

7.82 GBP

https://www.lootaudio.com/category/bundle-deals/loot-bundle/90-off-freak-music-mega-bundle

6 minutes ago, aidan o driscoll said:

I still cannot get my head around these CONSTRUCTION KITS and whats the point of them / how one would use them

They are basically samples that you use to "construct" musical compositions...

Edited by cclarry

1 minute ago, cclarry said:

They are basically samples that use to "construct" musical compositions...

Yeah I think they are complete prebuilt tracks / midi projects that you can rejig and make your own track. I have tried the odd one, but just never warmed to the idea. Struggling to see the point. Maybe as a learning thing

Edited by aidan o driscoll
  • Like 1

A long, long time ago I used to use ACID and Ableton a lot to build songs out of other people's loops.  And then I just stopped.

Although I used tools like BIAB, for the most part I just got libraries and played my music in. 

The recent promo on Magix Sound Pools has got me back in.  I do a lot of ambient music and it occurred to me that it's useful to have some drum loops and other ideas to get a piece started.  Even to find out what other people think "ambient" or "chill-out" is.  So I became obsessed with getting as many free ones as possible. 

Seeing as how those are $20 for commercial use, this looks to me like quite a good deal.  I am very optimistic I'll find something in there. 
Stuff like this is easy to pull into Kontakt and Falcon, and make playable instruments. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Reid Rosefelt said:

A long, long time ago I used to use ACID and Ableton a lot to build songs out of other people's loops.  And then I just stopped.

Although I used tools like BIAB, for the most part I just got libraries and played my music in. 

The recent promo on Magix Sound Pools has got me back in.  I do a lot of ambient music and it occurred to me that it's useful to have some drum loops and other ideas to get a piece started.  Even to find out what other people think "ambient" or "chill-out" is.  So I became obsessed with getting as many free ones as possible. 

Seeing as how those are $20 for commercial use, this looks to me like quite a good deal.  I am very optimistic I'll find something in there. 
Stuff like this is easy to pull into Kontakt and Falcon, and make playable instruments. 

I've come across many brands of loops and Magix is the only one I know that are not royalty free.  I wasn't really impressed with Magix loops.  Back when Acid was under Sonic Foundry then Sony there was some really impressive stuff and you don't see those anymore.   I only buy stuff that comes also with midi, presets and one shots.  I use to be a sucker during the holidays when ADSR would have 15 packs for $20.

9 hours ago, aidan o driscoll said:

Yeah I think they are complete prebuilt tracks / midi projects that you can rejig and make your own track. I have tried the odd one, but just never warmed to the idea. Struggling to see the point. Maybe as a learning thing

They aren't complete songs but maybe 30 sec. of music.  They have their uses for a commercial or a DJ needs filler stuff.  They can be frustrating to work with because you can't get them to sound the way you want.  I often get them to study.  I find the ones that are bloated to 3gb are not always as useful as one that are 700mb.

After NI acquired Loop Loft it seems like they are forgotten. The Loop Loft weekly offer was a big thing in Deals.

• Like 1

A "construction kit" is just that ... a kit to construct music with.  You wouldn't go to a construction company, and request that they build you a house with all doors and no windows.  They are also great for quickly coming up with a base foundation that you can go back and replace with some custom work.

It makes no sense for me to fire up my electronic drums for something that was already laid down for me by professional musicians ... although I do miss the arguments with the other members of the band.  Oh yeah and you also get to call all the shots.

I got this.  I haven't had time to explore it all, but I think it's really good.   I've been looking hard for drums  for ambient music and this really fits the bill..

This is another great deal from Ghosthack:

https://www.ghosthack.de/ultimate-ambient-bundle/?gclid=Cj0KCQjw-LOEBhDCARIsABrC0TmTqrookkGeyZ9GtwY3PaRP0vR5Q_ElZZ9sfgAFII3kDxu08JSOhF0aAkvrEALw_wcB

They also have some excellent percussion libraries.

Edited by Reid Rosefelt
  • Like 1

I too grabbed this.  I figured for about $11 how much do I have to lose if it's bad?  But, like Reid, I have been pleasantly surprised. 

Lately I have been using the new randomization features of Live 11 to make ambient stuff and this Freak pack really works well for that purpose.  

For drums for ambient music, check out the ECM style MIDI loops from Odd Grooves.  They have an entire pack devoted to that style, but you can get freebie examples from them.  (They offer lots of free MIDI drum styles, so worth checking out for all styles besides ambient.)   They have frequent sales too.  I like their MIDI loops because they are not quantized.

https://oddgrooves.com/product-category/jazz/

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Michael A.D. said:

I too grabbed this.  I figured for about $11 how much do I have to lose if it's bad?  But, like Reid, I have been pleasantly surprised. 

Lately I have been using the new randomization features of Live 11 to make ambient stuff and this Freak pack really works well for that purpose.  

For drums for ambient music, check out the ECM style MIDI loops from Odd Grooves.  They have an entire pack devoted to that style, but you can get freebie examples from them.  (They offer lots of free MIDI drum styles, so worth checking out for all styles besides ambient.)   They have frequent sales too.  I like their MIDI loops because they are not quantized.

https://oddgrooves.com/product-category/jazz/

Thank you, Michael.  I would get this now, but I have my hands full now, as I got this Freak Music set, a lot of Sound Pools,  In addition to the libraries I bought above from Ghosthack, I got two more in their  3 for 2 sale.

I really like this Ultimate Percussion Library and it has a ton of stuff, including  middle eastern percussion:

https://www.ghosthack.de/ultimate-percussion-library/

My third choice was this Abstract Percussions library:

https://www.ghosthack.de/abstract-percussions/

They have a part two to this, but it costs twice as much.   I will definitely be watching for more sales and buying more from Ghosthack.

But I will get the freebies from Odd Grooves, so that I can get on their mailing list.

Randomization features in Ableton 11?  I haven't updated in years.  Hmmmm...