Lonely Walk

garybrun

Lonely Walk Soundcloud

A classical piece written by my son a few years ago.
It is about Christs journey to the cross.

I've updated it with new orchestral samples.

This is not the final mix but shows a project soon to be finalised.
Would value your thoughts and opinions as always.

Gary

Edited by garybrun

Throughly enjoyed that.  To me it’s very “cinematic.”  It sounds like something you might hear in an episode of Game of Thrones.  It fits perfectly with the concept of Christ’s journey to the cross.  Thanks for sharing.

• Like 1

Headphones would be a recommendation! Sounds very nice on the ol' monitors as well.

The very beginning few minutes, until the piano comes in, might be brought up in volume. I understand that you want to start small and get bigger with they dynamics, but I found myself wanting to crank the volume just to hear the first half of your piece - knowing that I'd have to lower them again later.

If you look at your Soundcloud waveform, maybe match the two parts up just a bit closer? Not a lot, just a little?

It's a great piece, filled with dynamics and chill - although I will confess it does not summon up images of J.C. carrying his cross. Oh, well. 

Still cool.

For me, just a volume tweak, and you will have, as they say, nailed it.

cheers,

-Tom

• Like 1

Gary
Ditto on the above comments on the volume. Had to crank it up at the beginning then down again at the end.
But it's a really nice somber piano piece which evokes a lot of images. I thought the strings came in at an appropriate time. The drums made me think of marching soldiers and impending doom - well done there. There was a brief violin flurry thing at 5:30 that took me out of the mood for a second. And I  expected some kind of resolution at the end, but things sort of just stopped. Maybe still a work in progress?
Anyway, I really enjoyed listening to the song.

• Like 1

This is a very interesting piece.  The somber, quiet beginning is very introspective and does offer several images as bjorn suggested above but the militaristic, strong ending did bring up an image of power and politics (at least to me).  Very well done and I enjoyed this!  Thanks for posting.

• Like 1

Hi, Gary,

This is a really beautiful somber piece of music with a classic cinematic vibe and lots of interesting textures and elements as it builds forward!😀

Well written, played and orchestrated, and the mix sounds subtle and fits the feel of the song very well.  I can easily imagine hearing this as a backing track to a dramatic movie or documentary!

Excellent work, my friend!👍

Have a good one, Gary!
Bob

• Like 1

beautiful Gary, really very nice.

My only crit is that the strings that first come in are a little dry (to my taste anyway) and could be dropped back in the mix - they overpower the piano at that point.

Levels from the big drum onwards are spot on

• Like 1