UJAM Groovemate One

cclarry

you can buy directly on website with newsletter10 coupon, price lowered to $8.10 (£5.81 todays google conversion) but just found out that you must be in US to get this price as when you try to pay by card, paypal or amazonpay it will not go through.

from UK, ujam will charge you £8.10, seems like dollars are now equall to pounds 1:1 for ujam.

Edited by dee
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, dee said:

you can buy directly on website with newsletter10 coupon, price lowered to $8.10 (£5.81 todays google conversion) but just found out that you must be in US to get this price as when you try to pay by card, paypal or amazonpay it will not go through.

from UK, ujam will charge you £8.10, seems like dollars are now equall to pounds 1:1 for ujam.

I ordered it from Canada and got the US$8.10 price using the newsletter10 coupon.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm having insta-buy-cheap-deal regret on this one.  I've tried to use it on a couple of occasions now and have removed it from the project in frustration. It's just not working for me. 

Anyone actually using this (or any of the UJam instruments for that matter) and have any tips? I want to like them...

46 minutes ago, mibby said:

I'm having insta-buy-cheap-deal regret on this one.  I've tried to use it on a couple of occasions now and have removed it from the project in frustration. It's just not working for me. 

Anyone actually using this (or any of the UJam instruments for that matter) and have any tips? I want to like them...

It's not working at all? I haven't had that issue with UJAM stuff. 

Or it doesn't sound good? I have had that issue with UJAM stuff. LOL.

• Haha 1

53 minutes ago, Monomox said:

It's not working at all? I haven't had that issue with UJAM stuff. 

Or it doesn't sound good? I have had that issue with UJAM stuff.

Naw, it'll make sounds, just not sounds that are useful or that I am able to incorporate.  Not knocking UJam in the slightest, I'm just trying to get my head around their workflow and methods is all.  

I picked this up  few weeks ago and used it in an inspirational video. I do it for fun otherwise I would starve. Works well for light percussion which is something I find I am using  a lot lately. Small acoustic sets don't need a huge drum kit. I simply pulled various loops from Groovemate into Cakewalk.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Starise said:

I simply pulled various loops from Groovemate into Cakewalk.

Nice piece - thanks!  Did you record the acoustic lead part??  It sounds like it could be something off a Larry Calton's Alone But Never Alone CD.   Really nice quality.

I tried something similar to Groovemate in Studio One.  Will have to have another go at it...

Edited by mibby
  • Like 1

On 5/11/2021 at 2:19 PM, mibby said:

Nice piece - thanks!  Did you record the acoustic lead part??  It sounds like it could be something off a Larry Calton's Alone But Never Alone CD.   Really nice quality.

I tried something similar to Groovemate in Studio One.  Will have to have another go at it...

Thanks Mibby.

I wish I could say the lead acoustic was me. It was a loop from Cakewalk I think. Just too busy lately to even pull a guitar off the rack. I did play the rest of the lead parts.

I like to do these light kinds of things. I think a uke would fit nicely with some of those Groovemate loops too. I almost did it here but decided to try it on something else.