Herman Miller aeron® chair $699 BASE MODEL

e-cue

On 4/29/2021 at 1:47 PM, Batwaffel said:

https://www.steelcase.com/products/office-chairs/gesture/
Here ya go. I use Steelcase chairs and they are fantastic. I'll be getting a Gesture soon for the arms as well. Right now I use a Leap. Best investment ever.

I'm with you on the Steelcase Leap. Mine came with a 10 year warranty, and they sent a tech to my home to replace the gas strut and the armrests after ~9.5 years. Best investment I ever made! Still going strong, and my back has never felt better! :)

We had a few of those Aeron chairs at the office that my team mates used to fight over, but I never really found them all that comfortable for sitting  up at a desk. And the rim on the front of the seat always dug into the back of my legs.

Tip: Ignore the retail prices on that Steelcase website, as they are about twice what Amazon sells them for...

That Gesture does look like a fine chair, for around $1,000 at Amazon.  But at this point my Leap's likely to outlive me, LOL.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/1/2021 at 10:17 AM, abacab said:

I'm with you on the Steelcase Leap. Mine came with a 10 year warranty, and they sent a tech to my home to replace the gas strut and the armrests after ~9.5 years. Best investment I ever made! Still going strong, and my back has never felt better! :)

We had a few of those Aeron chairs at the office that my team mates used to fight over, but I never really found them all that comfortable for sitting  up at a desk. And the rim on the front of the seat always dug into the back of my legs.

Tip: Ignore the retail prices on that Steelcase website, as they are about twice what Amazon sells them for...

That Gesture does look like a fine chair, for around $1,000 at Amazon.  But at this point my Leap's likely to outlive me, LOL.

I had mine serviced about 4 years ago and the company I bought it from came and did it here so I could have my chair back that day. Got all new pads and arm rests put on as well as new fabric. I'll likely keep this one in the studio once I get my Gesture as a secondary. My only complaint is mine is squeaking right now when I lean back so I need to get it lubricated again but waiting till covid be gone to do it. 

22 hours ago, Batwaffel said:

I had mine serviced about 4 years ago and the company I bought it from came and did it here so I could have my chair back that day. Got all new pads and arm rests put on as well as new fabric. I'll likely keep this one in the studio once I get my Gesture as a secondary. My only complaint is mine is squeaking right now when I lean back so I need to get it lubricated again but waiting till covid be gone to do it. 

tumblr_nlj27zQsTe1skg82io5_250.gif

• 1 year later...

Alright,

I know this is an old topic, but I just had to share this.

So, we were discussing  the Aeron Chair back in 2021 in this thread.  Well,  I submitted a comment that my sister-in-law took me to her job and I purchased a chair that looked like the one posted by the OP for $100.00.   Well, I looked under the chair 2 days ago  and it was indeed a Herman Miller Aeron chair.   I was trying to find out who made the chair because it needs several minor repairs. 

Alright,  here is the best part.  They asked me to send them a photo of the make and model number from beneath the chair, which I did, and they informed me the chair is still under warranty and they will send a technician to my home to fix or replace the parts on my chair.   

Now that is Service.

These chairs are so comfortable it's incredible,  just sit in one and you will buy it.
https://seatingmind.com/herman-miller/

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, jesse g said:

So, we were discussing  the Aeron Chair back in 2021 in this thread.  Well,  I submitted a comment that my sister-in-law took me to her job and I purchased a chair that looked like the one posted by the OP for $100.00.   Well, I looked under the chair 2 days ago  and it was indeed a Herman Miller Aeron chair.   I was trying to find out who made the chair because it needs several minor repairs. 

Alright,  here is the best part.  They asked me to send them a photo of the make and model number from beneath the chair, which I did, and they informed me the chair is still under warranty and they will send a technician to my home to fix or replace the parts on my chair.   

Now that is Service.

You got an awesome deal! 👍

But regardless of whether the brand is Herman Miller or Steelcase, you cannot beat the warranties and service for these top of the line chairs! If you spend 8 (or more) hours per day in a chair, you owe it to yourself to get the best. My lower back problems that had plagued me for years went away not long after I bought a proper chair! True story!

I paid way too much for my Steelcase initially, but an in-home warranty repair renewed it near the 10-year mark. And it's still going strong after 18 years. Original investment: $767.55, which comes to about $43 per year. And my back is still doing fine as well! :)

Edited by abacab
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, abacab said:

You got an awesome deal! 👍

But regardless of whether the brand is Herman Miller or Steelcase, you cannot beat the warranties and service for these top of the line chairs! If you spend 8 (or more) hours per day in a chair, you owe it to yourself to get the best. My lower back problems that had plagued me for years went away not long after I bought a proper chair! True story!

I paid way too much for my Steelcase initially, but an in-home warranty repair renewed it near the 10-year mark. And it's still going strong after 18 years. Original investment: $767.55, which comes to about $43 per year. And my back is still doing fine as well! :)

It was a blessing for me to receive this chair for only $100.00. at a company liquidation sale.  I had never heard of the brand before until I saw this post and didn't think much about if afterwards until I needed my chair fixed.  The great part about it is, they honored the warranty!!

All I knew at that time after sitting in that chair was ahh, my butt feels good, and so this must be the chair for me.

• Like 1
  • Great Idea 1
  • Haha 1

On 8/20/2022 at 8:44 PM, abacab said:

If you spend 8 (or more) hours per day in a chair, you owe it to yourself to get the best. My lower back problems that had plagued me for years went away not long after I bought a proper chair! True story!

same story for me.  I'd spent silly money on an aresline xten to try and it did nothing for long hours except aggravate my back, so I bought an aeron miller in 2012 in size C (large) which gave me the extra height I needed for my feet to rest comfortably on the ground.  10 years in and my back has been much better and this thing still looks (and feels) like new despite 8+ hours a day for 10 years.  rock solid investment all ways around for me.

Edited by Paul_in_wales
  • Like 2

I used to work for a herman miller dealer and one of the things I noticed is that people will sit in an aeron chair, not realizing that a reputable dealer is going to adjust chair so that it conforms to your exact body. It still may not be your preference, but you will have a much more accurate sense of what you are making decision based on.  

1 hour ago, dubdisciple said:

I used to work for a herman miller dealer and one of the things I noticed is that people will sit in an aeron chair, not realizing that a reputable dealer is going to adjust chair so that it conforms to your exact body. It still may not be your preference, but you will have a much more accurate sense of what you are making decision based on.  

A company that I used to work for had an office equipment partner that had equipped our office spaces primarily with Steelcase chairs for years. They were solid workhorses that were ergonomically adjustable for desktop computer users.

But one day, the Herman Miller Aeron chairs began appearing in select conference rooms. Funnily enough, many of those chairs got "borrowed" and ended up in some team members cubes.

At one point eventually, there were enough Aeron chairs nearby that you could grab one if you wanted to. So I jumped aboard!

For some reason, I never could get that darn thing set the way I liked it. So back to Steelcase for me! I guess that it's like buying shoes. They just need to fit.

• Like 3

I paid $10 for my chair in 1993, and it was at least 10 years old at that time. The wheels aren't quite round anymore, but everything else is fine. Mainly, it does one thing very well: I can lean all the way back, put my feet on the desk and take a nap without fear of it tipping over. What more could you ask for in a chair?

It also supports my back well. When I had my back problems, this chair was my only pain-free refuge.

I suppose it must have been an expensive chair originally. The office was closing and they just wanted to get rid of everything. I also bought the desk I'm still using, also for ten bucks. It's military gray and made of steel. It has a drawer.

It may seem odd that someone who has spent so many thousands of dollars on software, synths, amps, monitors and microphones is content to sit on a $10 chair. But if it doesn't make sound, it's not a priority. I'm using a microwave I bought in 1979. I'd probably still be wearing jeans from the 70's if my belly girth had remained constant.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4