Douglas Kirby

On 4/28/2021 at 4:58 PM, deadkai said:

Great track Doug! Much live feel to it. Did You record all or is it a band? 

I got a little vibe of Heart Full Of Soul by the Yardbirds on the verses which is cool😊

Every instrument sits well in the mix and a great tasty strat.

Rock on & good luck withyour album!😎

Thanks for giving my song a listen.  I'm just a one-man band, but thanks for saying that. I saw the Yardbirds live years ago - there was only one original member at that time😄

• Like 1

On 4/28/2021 at 5:09 PM, jack c. said:

boy what a huge sound!!!!!!!!!!!what drums and dynamics/effects do ya use of those wonderful drums?texas rock?jack c.

Hi Jack - as I mentioned in my PM to you, the drum track is Addictive Drums 2 with the Cakewalk PX-64 percussion strip on it - thanks for listening.

23 hours ago, Hidden Symmetry said:

Nice one Douglas, another driving tune, enjoyed that taste of Manzarek.

Thanks for listening.  The organ is from UVI - their Retro Organ Suite - I've been quite happy with it since I purchased it. The preset I used on this song is called "Electric Church" - definitely a Manzarek tone.

Doug I always kind of hesitate with the crits, because you have a definite "style" that just works; there's a "signature" to your productions.

I will say that on the DT990's here the bass is just a bit loud to my ears (totally a "taste" thing).
And the kick is a bit "undefined", I like a little "beater" (again "taste"), although during the solo I thought I heard a bit of beater.

As always, a big fan, another good one! 👍's

t

• Like 1

10 hours ago, DeeringAmps said:

Doug I always kind of hesitate with the crits, because you have a definite "style" that just works; there's a "signature" to your productions.

I will say that on the DT990's here the bass is just a bit loud to my ears (totally a "taste" thing).
And the kick is a bit "undefined", I like a little "beater" (again "taste"), although during the solo I thought I heard a bit of beater.

As always, a big fan, another good one! 👍's

t

Thanks for the crits Tom - I'll give the song another listen regarding the bass and the kick - there's always room for improvement in the mix.

• Like 1

Doug  OOh stop it !    that guitar sound is just so right , I was singing along from the get go  , bloody love this , just so clean and with that reverb which was never over the top like I said just right........ cheers...ps if ever you need a backing singer let me know

Edited by Paul Bush
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, Jesse Screed said:

I really like the way the vocals are right there.  Your sound is so distinctive.  I have never heard a bad production from you.  Nice guitar work.

Thanks Jesse - you guys here on the forum make it fun to make music and here your feedback. Regarding production, over the years I've really come to enjoy mixing my songs  in Cakewalk- it might be my favorite part of the whole process.

21 hours ago, Paul Bush said:

Doug  OOh stop it !    that guitar sound is just so right , I was singing along from the get go  , bloody love this , just so clean and with that reverb which was never over the top like I said just right........ cheers...ps if ever you need a backing singer let me know

Thanks for the kind words Paul - and I'll keep you in mind for a backing singer - cheers.

• Like 1