Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Quote
5 minutes ago, Patrick Goudriaan said:

I have an old track that has tempo changes, to get a click track I insert a lot of "Beat at now"  markers , but now it overwrites the previous one(seen that in the tempo view)  , but not always, sometimes it creates a new one as I want it to do.

I just found out, that if I change the tempo of the last section first, I can insert a new "Beat at now". 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Keith Lane said:

I'm still getting an issue with MPC Beats hanging the DAW when loading projects, UNLESS I laod it as an Effect rather than a VSTi - but then I only have sterio so it's not really usable.

MPC beats has preexisting stability issues that have been reported to AKAI. Until they fix this its not going to change. If you send a dump file for the hang I can verify its the same issue. You can also try disabling the strict exception handling in the build posted in this thread just in case its related (unlikely)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm noticing Audiosnap-ed clips with shifted notes are not playing back at the right timing sometimes.  For example I edited 3 tracks of vocals to be in sync but playing back  the clips (without bouncing) sounds totally off sync even though the waveforms matches up

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I find the new tempo track less suited to my needs.  It interrupts my work flow.  Is there any way to remove that part of the programming?  OR, is there a way to incorporate the old AND the new view?  OR - - - do I have to accept it as the new gospel and re-adjust my attitude?

 

Willard

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A tempo track is a standard feature in most modern DAW's. Can you explain what you are trying to do?
The tempo inspector allows you to work in pretty much the same way as you would in the old tempo view. 

14 minutes ago, willard cottrell said:

I find the new tempo track less suited to my needs.  It interrupts my work flow.  Is there any way to remove that part of the programming?  OR, is there a way to incorporate the old AND the new view?  OR - - - do I have to accept it as the new gospel and re-adjust my attitude?

 

Willard

 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Noel Borthwick said:

A few:
It looks nice (to some)
It’s optional

It looks nice (to some).
It don't have to be optional. 

 

 

  • Like 1
  • Meh 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Bassfaceus said:

hello all..i notice this was asked earlier but no response yet...

what is the usefulness of waveform outline?

thanks

For me, it's desirable eye-candy!

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Patrick Goudriaan said:

I just found out, that if I change the tempo of the last section first, I can insert a new "Beat at now". 

I don't really understand what you're saying here, but what you showed in your original post is working as designed, and as it always has. Cakewalk modifies the most recent tempo to make the specified beat land on the current Now cursor position, and inserts a matching tempo at the point to serve as a reference point for the next Set.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
59 minutes ago, willard cottrell said:

I find the new tempo track less suited to my needs.  It interrupts my work flow.  Is there any way to remove that part of the programming?  OR, is there a way to incorporate the old AND the new view?  OR - - - do I have to accept it as the new gospel and re-adjust my attitude?

Would customizing a Workspace help with this?  Here are the factory Tempo Workspace and the same Workspace slightly tweaked.

image.png   image.thumb.png.445415c4bb6ab00f27606653fdb7f868.png

Edited by User 905133
Name Correction: "Track" removed from "Tempo Track Workspace" since its just called "Tempo."
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Morten Saether said:

O atalho padrão é ALT + T.

ALT + SHIFT + 5 mostra / oculta a trilha Tempo e o inspetor Tempo.

Thanks for informing! 🙂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am very happy with the improvements and features made available on Cakewalk, congratulations to the whole team! 👏👏

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

@Noel Borthwick
I can confirm, that with the provided Cakewalk build 27.04.0.145 and ExceptionHandlingSeverity set to 5,
Project with VST3 version of Presswek loads successfully, so no exception caught by Cakewalk.

I'll also try beta builds of u-he VST3 plugins without ExceptionHandlingSeverity and confirm (also to u-he) if the've fixed this issue on their side or not yet.

Thanks for your assistance,
Stefan

EDIT: I also tried loading a Cakewalk project with VST3 version of Press werk after updated to Presswek latest beta 1.1.4.11152.
When ExceptionHandlingSeverity is not set the Presswerk still causes Cakewalk to crash. So new build of their VST3 doesn't solve this issue.
Minidump file attached.

 

_05032021_201459.zip

Edited by Štefan Gorej
Added more info
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Noel Borthwick said:

The tempo inspector allows you to work in pretty much the same way as you would in the old tempo view.

Only -way- better. I am most grateful for the reworking of this feature and the improvement in (my) productivity. 

  • Meh 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, David Baay said:

I don't really understand what you're saying here, but what you showed in your original post is working as designed, and as it always has. Cakewalk modifies the most recent tempo to make the specified beat land on the current Now cursor position, and inserts a matching tempo at the point to serve as a reference point for the next Set.

It used to be possible to add a new beat without deleting the previous.
image.png.b3109448d758de59ec91eaa84615a72e.png

Edited by Patrick Goudriaan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Noel Borthwick said:

Are you sure this is related to the Cakewalk update? i.e have you verified by rolling back that this problem doesnt occur? Its more likely system related since we aren't seeing this problem. 

Hey Noel,

I've seen this happen intermittently between releases. TTS-1 does not seem to get registered (every time)
My only resolve is to run CbB as Aministrator permanently and this solves the problem.
My DAW is dedicated to CbB and no changes are made to the system except Win 10 updates

My 64c

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know SM/BAN inside and out, but do not understand what either the documentation or you mean by "create" or "add" new bars or beats. The sentence after the one you highlighted more accurately describes what it does. Nothing is created except tempo changes, and those changes result in existing bar and beat lines moving relative the absolute timing of audio transients or MIDI events to align the timeline to the performance.

The same dialog does let you change the time signature of a measure, which can effectively 'add' beats  to a measure, but that's a separate operation from 'Setting' a measure or beat to Now. And so far as i know, that also works as it always has.

If this isn't just a misunderstanding of the awkwardly-worded documentation, I'll need a specific example of what you're trying to accomplish in order to understand whether something is not working as it always has.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Patrick Goudriaan said:

It used to be possible to add a new beat without deleting the previous.
image.png.b3109448d758de59ec91eaa84615a72e.png

The Set/Measure Beat At Now functionality has not changed in any way.  It still modifies the underlying tempo map in the same way as it did before.

The only difference is that now the tempo track envelope is reconstructed from the underlying tempo map after the Set/Measure Beat at Now command.

Do not confuse the Tempo List in the Tempo Inspector with the old tempo map. It may look the same, but it isn't. 

The Tempo Inspector shows a list representation of the envelope nodes, not the tempo map.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, David Baay said:

I know SM/BAN inside and out, but do not understand what either the documentation or you mean by "create" or "add" new bars or beats. The sentence after the one you highlighted more accurately describes what it does. Nothing is created except tempo changes, and those changes result in existing bar and beat lines moving relative the absolute timing of audio transients or MIDI events to align the timeline to the performance.

The same dialog does let you change the time signature of a measure, which can effectively 'add' beats  to a measure, but that's a separate operation from 'Setting' a measure or beat to Now. And so far as i know, that also works as it always has.

If this isn't just a misunderstanding of the awkwardly-worded documentation, I'll need a specific example of what you're trying to accomplish in order to understand whether something is not working as it always has.

If I want to move bar 18, bar 18 should move.  The system is not supposed to overwrite the location of bar 15 I have earlier moved.

Set beat at now, should create a new tempo behind bar 15 up to bar 18 and not change the tempo before bar 15.

Note: I have used this before and it changed after the new tempo view was released.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
33 minutes ago, msmcleod said:

The Set/Measure Beat At Now functionality has not changed in any way.  It still modifies the underlying tempo map in the same way as it did before.

The only difference is that now the tempo track envelope is reconstructed from the underlying tempo map after the Set/Measure Beat at Now command.

Do not confuse the Tempo List in the Tempo Inspector with the old tempo map. It may look the same, but it isn't. 

The Tempo Inspector shows a list representation of the envelope nodes, not the tempo map.

@msmcleod
Yes, but it also overwrites the tempo node I set before.
I changed the tempo from bar 1 to bar 15,
if I set a new "beat at now" at bar 18, it starts recreating the tempo from bar 1 to bar 18. And before it used to change only the tempo between bar 15 and 18.
I think this happens because the created tempo before and after beat 15 is the same after setting "Beat at now".
Because when I change the tempo in the tempo view BEHIND beat 15, then I can set beat at now anywhere behind and THEN it creates a new node without overwriting the excisting node.
<edit 2> It happens randomly, I just tried it on another track and from 18 new nodes, it created 16 new nodes and 2 overwrites.</edit2>

Edited by Patrick Goudriaan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

New File Menu Issue

When using CbB on a 2nd monitor, the Insert Softsynth dropdown File menu floats on the 1st monitor. It doesn't stay with the program.

Edited by sjoens

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...