2021.04 Feedback

9 minutes ago, gmp said:

So what am I supposed to change as far as images, there appear to be hundreds of them? Has there been a system outlined to explain to users like me how to do this? If not maybe they need to update the Theme Editor again so it takes care of these things

(1) When you say a custom theme, do you mean that you created it? Did someone create it for you?

(2) The theme incompatibility message has a link to the most recent image changes (and the ones before that and . . . ).  If you didn't click on that link you should.  If not, you can find the link in the Cakewalk Update Available thread (or whatever its called.  If you custom theme has never been updated over the past year or two, I suppose it is possible that hundreds of image MIGHT need to be changed.

(3) As I recently learned, its the same Theme Editor that has been used previously for CbB.  As I understand it, just the resources used by the editor change changed.

(4)  Depending on how customized your theme is and when it was last updated (to take into account the changes listed in the link I mentioned), it could be a very easy fix or it could require redoing just the last set of elements that were changed.

I am just a user here, so if I am wrong, I hope some of the experts will clarify what I might have misstated.

It's someone else's theme it may have been originally called logical.sth   My alterations of it are named "Logic GP 21". I edited the theme 21 times and saved each version.  It was the theme closest to what I wanted and then I tweaked it the rest of the way and have been using it since April 2017

For a while me and many of the forum members were really into Theme editing when it first came out. Most of us got what we wanted and just moved on

I've been using it since April 2017 with no changes until I installed the new Theme Editor and loaded my custom Theme in that and then saved it. That fixed it good enough to stop the error message of Theme incompatibility..

I hope Cakewalk can come up with a solution that's understandable and not huge painstaking process.

• Meh 1

Sends inserts in console view do not pan any more, nor do they “Follow Track Pan” when POST is enabled.  

I noticed a couple of weeks ago that something was starting to sound off in my mixes as they sounded washed out and cloudy.  I put it off on thinking I was just exhausted or perhaps I made an accidental change with my effects but, after taking time to finely comb through settings, I discovered the issue with the panning of sends.

I solo’d the stereo vocal track, put the reverb insert send on PRE then turned the track fader down to hear only the vocals reverb.  I always do this to find the sweet spots for group vocals panning the reverb L or R, but this is no longer possible as I can not only hear it, but I see it on the meters staying pegged to the center.  

I don’t know if it’s a bug or maybe I have a few gremlins wrecking my computer.   If no one can recreate the problem, I will try to do the thing with the motion graphic image thing…u know the thing!

3 hours ago, Clovis Ramsay said:

Sends inserts in console view do not pan any more, nor do they “Follow Track Pan” when POST is enabled.  

I noticed a couple of weeks ago that something was starting to sound off in my mixes as they sounded washed out and cloudy.  I put it off on thinking I was just exhausted or perhaps I made an accidental change with my effects but, after taking time to finely comb through settings, I discovered the issue with the panning of sends.

I solo’d the stereo vocal track, put the reverb insert send on PRE then turned the track fader down to hear only the vocals reverb.  I always do this to find the sweet spots for group vocals panning the reverb L or R, but this is no longer possible as I can not only hear it, but I see it on the meters staying pegged to the center.  

I don’t know if it’s a bug or maybe I have a few gremlins wrecking my computer.   If no one can recreate the problem, I will try to do the thing with the motion graphic image thing…u know the thing!

Still works here in 2021.04.175

Try a reinstall.

On 5/22/2021 at 10:06 AM, scook said:

Not my experience at all. I have applied every update since CbB was released, some several times using the rollback installers.

Not once has it been necessary to perform a clean install or reconfigure CbB.

Also, I do not run CbB as administrator, never have.

That's been my experience ever since I've first installed CW - 2019.07, I believe.

I don't have to run CW as administrator, but I had to run VSTScan as administrator, from its folder, because it doesn't start in CW.

8 minutes ago, Olaf said:

I had to run VSTScan as administrator, from its folder, because it doesn't start in CW.

This is a problem.

Vstscan.exe is not designed to run from the command line.

It should always be run from preferences.

And if you run vstscan as adminiatrator, and CbB as a different user, you may not see the VSTs you expect in CbB (depends on if you're elevating or using another account which has admin privileges).

7 hours ago, Will_Kaydo said:

Still works here in 2021.04.175

Try a reinstall.

@Will_Kaydo My issue seems to be related to working with older archived projects created in Sonar 7.02.  I am working on an anniversary rerelease and pulled up project bundles that were created back in 2009 so I am curious if this might be affected by the pan law bug?  

In a new project within the latest CW release, the panning of sends work so my only conclusion thus far has everything to do with these older project file sessions.

39 minutes ago, Clovis Ramsay said:

I am curious if this might be affected by the pan law bug?  

This could possible. Have you tried changing the settings under preferences to the backward setting of Sonar 8.5 where panning was applied on clips instead of the console? 

Edited by Will_Kaydo

10 hours ago, scook said:

This is a problem.

Vstscan.exe is not designed to run from the command line.

It should always be run from preferences.

it wasn't run from a command line, but from its folder - right click, run as administrator. and it's the only way it ran, because @Kevin Perry , from Preferences or the Plugin Manager, it wouldn't run at all, all buttons greyed out, as per my initial comment.

Hi again. I'm sorry to say, guyz, but it goes wrong !

I've been working with Cakewalk and Sonar for about 25 years and professionally for more than 15 years and I can't remember having so huge problems.

Now, I almost can't use Kontakt instruments. After some have been loaded in a project, the last one goes silent anytime I press play. Afterward, I get no sound from it except a few glitches. And I have to close it and reload it again to make it able to sound. But I get no sound again when I try to play again. My computer lack memory, but I never had such a problem and had been able to use many Kontakt instance in my project. Now, I've one with just two Kontakt instances, Rapture and Loom and even after freezing one instance, a third one can't run !

Also when I try to quatize MIDI when I have a plugin GUI opened, none of the drop down menus in the quantization window works. I have to close the window, close the plugin window and reopen the quantization window to have it working.

You use to to a wonderful job updating Cakewalk with nice new features. But take care a reliability. I'm now working on a client project and I will meet him this afternoon with very, very few done since our last meeting because of all this problems. It's not bearable.

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Will Zégal said:

Hi again. I'm sorry to say, guyz, but it goes wrong !

I've been working with Cakewalk and Sonar for about 25 years and professionally for more than 15 years and I can't remember having so huge problems.

Now, I almost can't use Kontakt instruments. After some have been loaded in a project, the last one goes silent anytime I press play. Afterward, I get no sound from it except a few glitches. And I have to close it and reload it again to make it able to sound. But I get no sound again when I try to play again. My computer lack memory, but I never had such a problem and had been able to use many Kontakt instance in my project. Now, I've one with just two Kontakt instances, Rapture and Loom and even after freezing one instance, a third one can't run !

Also when I try to quatize MIDI when I have a plugin GUI opened, none of the drop down menus in the quantization window works. I have to close the window, close the plugin window and reopen the quantization window to have it working.

You use to to a wonderful job updating Cakewalk with nice new features. But take care a reliability. I'm now working on a client project and I will meet him this afternoon with very, very few done since our last meeting because of all this problems. It's not bearable.

@Will Zégal Its very unlikely that the latest release caused any of these issues but have you tried rolling back to the prior release to verify?  A link to the rollback installer is always listed at the top of the new release thread. Very often issues are being attributed to the latest release when they are preexisting or externally caused issues so its important to roll back and verify if you have a reprodicble issue.

Is the problem reproducible every time or intermittent? Which version of Kontakt are you using?