2021.04 Feedback

5 hours ago, msmcleod said:

A node is put at the end so you can use the shelf tool.  It would appear that it thinks that the end of the project is later than it is.  It could be something like an automation envelope later in the project ?

For me, when using Clear All or Reset Tempo Map, it adds the last node at the end correctly, not past the end. All I really wanted to point out was that when designing a DAW feature and having to choose between evil and evil, that is letting Cakewalk create an extra event at the far end of the project (for some: an inadvertent change to the project) or leaving user without the shelf tool for that part until he decides to create the node intentionally, I would suggest to choose the latter every day of the week - that would be definitely lesser evil. Creating the node 'automatically' with some users not even noticing it can potentially lead to confusion at best, in this case if he decides to shorten the arrangement not knowing there's a node much later at the end then one can wonder why is the Export Audio taking ages, for example.

Alternatively you may let the shelf tool work on the dotted envelope by just allowing to change just the existing node's value without having to automatically create the extra node.

Here's an example of a ghost node being created when I first use the shelf tool then click ESC while still dragging. I can't see that there's extra node appearing on the tempo list in inspector but I can definitely drag it out from under the existing one and I can delete it without deleting the existing one. To me it's confusing, or I'm totally wrong and would need some explication to understand :): 

cakewalk3.gif

• Like 1
  • Great Idea 1

1 hour ago, Hopital said:

2 problems with the new tempo map:
1) the offset tempo map ignore the selection=> only global changes are possible
2) process fit to time no longer works

Thanks @Hopital - both of those issues have been fixed for the main release.

• Like 1

Concerning the bandlab integration: I've just come back to Sonar (Edit: haha, sorry: Cakewalk :D) to see whether this now provides a good workflow for sharing simple projects with my band mates.

Looks very cool!

For now I just tried opening one of my existing bandlab projects... seems to work fine. Also seems to be a quick way for extracting MIDI and wave stems from bandlab.

On question though: It seemed to me as there is only the possibility to upload Cakewalk projects as new bandlab projects, not as revision of existing ones. That would be really great! Or does it work already and I just didn't find it?

Edited by u-u-u

7 hours ago, u-u-u said:

Concerning the bandlab integration: I've just come back to Sonar (Edit: haha, sorry: Cakewalk :D) to see whether this now provides a good workflow for sharing simple projects with my band mates.

Looks very cool!

For now I just tried opening one of my existing bandlab projects... seems to work fine. Also seems to be a quick way for extracting MIDI and wave stems from bandlab.

On question though: It seemed to me as there is only the possibility to upload Cakewalk projects as new bandlab projects, not as revision of existing ones. That would be really great! Or does it work already and I just didn't find it?

If you publish the same project more than once, it uploads as a new revision.

9 hours ago, u-u-u said:

Looks very cool!

@u-u-u You can upload as a revision to an existing project. Here are two ways to do it:

1. Upload a new project from Cakewalk. Once you have done that any subsequent updates to the SAME project will upload as revisions to the BandLab project. 
i.e. The Cakewalk project will store a reference to the uploaded BandLab project and tracks changes from that point on.

2. Download a project created on BandLab to create a NEW Cakewalk project. Once you do this any changes to this project will upload as revisions to the ORIGINAL BandLab project. Similar to 1 the Cakewalk project stores a reference to the BandLab project and tracks changes from that point on.

• Like 1

On 5/11/2021 at 10:48 AM, Milton Sica said:

I'm using Cakewalk on a DELL Inspiron 14 notebook. Whenever I leave the application, the machine's sound is completely muted / muted. I can't hear anything from other applications anymore. I can only do this after rebooting the machine. Any ideas on how to solve this problem?

This probably isn't the solution, based on your symptoms,  but you might try it:

https://solidstatelogic.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360007770037-Hear-your-DAW-and-apps-at-the-same-time

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, janek.goralczyk@gmail.com said:

Hello Guys,

Is it possible to somehow move back to the previous version, i.e. 2021.01? The latest one doesn't work well on my PC...

Thanks,

Jan

Hi -

Yes: you con revert using the link in the main page of this update, under "Should you need to revert to the 2021.01 release, you can download the Cakewalk 2021.01 Rollback installer" -

https://discuss.cakewalk.com/index.php?/topic/29141-cakewalk-202104-update-1-release-candidate-updated-to-build-170/

• Like 1

Please see this topic

Delete hole messed up the tempo track and didn't move the markers, even though they were selected.

I think this has been mentioned, but I've also noticed that the Aim Assist is not always aligned correctly when mousing over the time ruler with snap enabled, while it aligns correctly when over the piano roll.

Before Delete Hole.PNG

Delete Hole Options.PNG

After Delete Hole.PNG

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, billp said:

Please see this topic

Delete hole messed up the tempo track and didn't move the markers, even though they were selected.

I think this has been mentioned, but I've also noticed that the Aim Assist is not always aligned correctly when mousing over the time ruler with snap enabled, while it aligns correctly when over the piano roll.

@billp - I replied in the other thread, but just for everyone else's benefit,  this has now been fixed and will be included in the official release.

• Thanks 1

Hi,

Just got a weird crash, doing the following, when rewriting the music in a project:

1. Select All
  2. Wipe
  3. Crash

Weird part: the tempo of the project was changed to 8 bps prior to the crash. Before this update, when you selected all and then wiped, the tempo remained unchanged. Am I missing something?

Enclosed the minidump.

TyC 0209 Videojuego v2 3-2_05182021_135122.zip