2021.04 Feedback

Did you open the project or Import it?

Just now, phased cloak said:

I loaded a Bandlab project in Cakewalk and I noticed that the notes that I created in Bandlab didn't get transferred and appear in the Lyrics tab in Cakewalk.

The notes are transferred to the Project Info that you can find in the Browser.  Not lyrics - notes are not lyrics.

Recordings all lining up properly here. Thanks Noel. Fine Job as always.

This, however, I can partially confirm.

36 minutes ago, phased cloak said:

notes that I created in Bandlab didn't get transferred and appear in the Lyrics tab in Cakewalk

Anything in the project notes pane in a Cakewalk project will upload to the notes pane in Bandlab.

Bandlab project notes don't seem to be downloading to CbB anywhere. Not even the Lyrics View here.

Please don't lose any sleep over that.

11 hours ago, Ben Staton said:

@MrJackBarton

Thanks for the report. We've been doing some more work on plugin menus and will shortly be releasing another build which will hopefully resolve your issues. Stay tuned!

Thanks for looking into it.

I did some more messing around with settings. Some things to consider with my graphics issues:

I've been using a two monitor setup. One of the monitors had the display settings set up to 150%. I reverted it back to 100% and that seemed to solve the issue.

2 hours ago, phased cloak said:

I did a load from the File Menu (Browse Bandlab Projects) then hit Load for the project that I wanted.

I checked the Notes and it is blank.   Maybe I'm doing something wrong...

Thanks for reporting it. Yes the notes were not being read properly. Its fixed for the main release now. Note that these are the project notes read from the revision description and Not the lyrics from within the revision editor itself.

While I can read the lyrics in BandLab, they are stored at the song level unlike Cakewalk that stores lyrics at the track level. So there is no easy way to map lyrics going back and forth.

A disappointing step backward appeared in this version!

FX rack context menu (which appears when I right-click it) displays strange fonts:

image.png.458aefad3ac979ed5d2c1bc7cc7873b4.png

In the previous versions, I only had this problem in the arranger view. But this time it is very disappointing.

5 minutes ago, Noel Borthwick said:

Hi @Nilo777 what language are you using and what version of Windows are you running?

English, Windows 10 (Up-to-date), everything else appears fine.

I had no problem with the previous version, except for the Arranger view. Now the FX rack displays this problem in all views 9track, prochannel, buses, etc.)

image.thumb.png.14d0d25f87053244ddf72a12ed57cd8a.png

image.png.e1b89092f49a57325e014a2d4aac8c60.png

Edited by Nilo777

The FXRack menus use similar UI to the arranger so that part is not surprising. Did you report this issue previously?
Anything customized differently in Windows with fonts etc that you are aware of?

Finally have you tried the early access update 1 build posted today yet?

Just now, Noel Borthwick said:

The FXRack menus use similar UI to the arranger so that part is not surprising. Did you report this issue previously?
Anything customized differently in Windows with fonts etc that you are aware of?

Finally have you tried the early access update 1 build posted today yet?

Yes, I did install it.

And yes i reported the Arranger problem in the previous versions, but I didn't follow up since i don't use it.

Now it's totally different it hit an important item!

I installed 2021.04 build 155 and it fixed the problem I reported earlier, I appreciate the rapid turnaround for it.  There there are some variations that still behave strangely, in my opinion.

When I click the clip in measure 2 below, measures 1 - 3 are selected because both articulations overlapping the clip are selected.  When I click a clip, I only expect that clip's range to be selected.

I realize articulations are a bit of a different beast, but it'd be really nice if when one selects a clip and copies or cuts the clip that the articulations did a behind-the-scenes split at the clip's range and went along with it.  All of this was found when I cut/pasted a bunch of clips into a new section of the song and all of my articulations got messed up because I had a single key switch articulation over several clips including the ones I moved.

I just noticed some strangeness when pasting an articulation over another.  When the articulation being pasted is the same length or longer than the existing articulation and is pasted such that it covers the existing articulation completely (either exactly or overlapping both sides), the two articulations will co-exist and no split takes place.  Second picture below, I pasted the longer blue articulation a little in front of the green one and selected it to show that it was all one non-split articulation.

selectionbug2.png

articulationpastebug.png

Selection Bug 2.cwp Articulation Paste Bug.cwp

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Nilo777 said:

Yes, I did install it.

And yes i reported the Arranger problem in the previous versions, but I didn't follow up since i don't use it.

Now it's totally different it hit an important item!

@Nilo777 we’ll have to work with you collect some information. Ben has sent you a PM so please follow up since we need to understand what is different on your system leading to this issue. You can also run MSINFO32 and collect a log of your system configuration and send it to us.

7 hours ago, Adam Biser said:

I just noticed some strangeness when pasting an articulation over another.  When the articulation being pasted is the same length or longer than the existing articulation and is pasted such that it covers the existing articulation completely (either exactly or overlapping both sides), the two articulations will co-exist and no split takes place.  Second picture below, I pasted the longer blue articulation a little in front of the green one and selected it to show that it was all one non-split articulation.

Selection Bug 2.cwp 165.17 kB · 1 download Articulation Paste Bug.cwp 167.67 kB · 1 download

@Adam Biser - I can't seem to reproduce the overlapping articulation issue, though I can obviously see the result in the attached project.

Can you post a version of the project before you did the operation, along with details of exactly how you selected, copied (or cut) and pasted?   As there's so many different ways to do this (e.g. drag drop, from the menu, CTRL +X, CTRL+V etc), using the exact steps will hopefully lead to a repro.

Thanks.

2 hours ago, Noel Borthwick said:

@Nilo777 we’ll have to work with you collect some information. Ben has sent you a PM so please follow up since we need to understand what is different on your system leading to this issue. You can also run MSINFO32 and collect a log of your system configuration and send it to us.

Thanks Noel, I sent you the MSINFO32 log file in a DM.

• Thanks 1

On 5/4/2021 at 10:03 AM, immrama said:

When loading an existing project with Motu Ethno Instrument or trying to add Ethno to an existing or new project, I get an instant crash at the point Ethno is being loaded. No error messages - Cakewalk just closes. No issues in earlier versions of Cakewalk. Anyone else experiencing the same issue or running Ethno successfully in 2021.04?

The issue I reported of 2021.04 crashing when loading Motu Ethno instrument now appears fixed in 2021.04 Update 1 Early Access (build 115). Thanks

• Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, immrama said:

The issue I reported of 2021.04 crashing when loading Motu Ethno instrument now appears fixed in 2021.04 Update 1 Early Access (build 115). Thanks

@immrama technically the issue is masked :) Only Motu would be able to actually fix the underlying problem which was flagged with the higher ExceptionHandlingSeverity. But its good that the problem is resolved for you.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Noel Borthwick said:

@immrama technically the issue is masked :) Only Motu would be able to actually fix the underlying problem which was flagged with the higher ExceptionHandlingSeverity :)

Thanks for the update @Noel Borthwick  Good that it's at least working in the latest version of CW and hope Motu respond with an update - although i'm not holding out too much hope - their last update was 7 years ago! 😳

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, msmcleod said:

@Adam Biser - I can't seem to reproduce the overlapping articulation issue, though I can obviously see the result in the attached project.

Can you post a version of the project before you did the operation, along with details of exactly how you selected, copied (or cut) and pasted?   As there's so many different ways to do this (e.g. drag drop, from the menu, CTRL +X, CTRL+V etc), using the exact steps will hopefully lead to a repro.

Thanks.

You can use "Selection bug 2" project attached to my above post.  Both articulations in it are 6 beats and I can do this three ways:

1: Right click articulation 1, select Cut (or Copy), go to the start of articulation 2, right click the articulation track, and select paste, or

2: Select articulation 1, Edit > Cut (or Copy), go to the start of articulation 2, Edit > Paste, or

3: Select articulation 1, Ctrl+X (or Ctrl+C), go to the start of articulation 2, Ctrl+V.

Now it will appear that the pasted articulation replaced the existing one, but check the event list and you'll see both.  Try to resize the pasted articulation and you cannot.  You have to drag the pasted articulation outside of its bounds in order to "free" it from this co-existence.  When you do that, you'll see that the previous articulation is still there and was not replaced.

Drag and drop does not do this as it does not allow the dragged articulation to be moved such that it overlaps the existing articulation

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Adam Biser said:

You can use "Selection bug 2" project attached to my above post.  Both articulations in it are 6 beats and I can do this three ways:

1: Right click articulation 1, select Cut (or Copy), go to the start of articulation 2, right click the articulation track, and select paste, or

2: Select articulation 1, Edit > Cut (or Copy), go to the start of articulation 2, Edit > Paste, or

3: Select articulation 1, Ctrl+X (or Ctrl+C), go to the start of articulation 2, Ctrl+V.

Now it will appear that the pasted articulation replaced the existing one, but check the event list and you'll see both.  Try to resize the pasted articulation and you cannot.  You have to drag the pasted articulation outside of its bounds in order to "free" it from this co-existence.  When you do that, you'll see that the previous articulation is still there and was not replaced.

Drag and drop does not do this as it does not allow the dragged articulation to be moved such that it overlaps the existing articulation

Thanks for this @Adam Biser - I've identified the issue and fixed it for the next update. 

• Like 5