2021.04 Feedback

17 minutes ago, David Baay said:

See this post:

David, I checked out the post and I justed installed for the first time on Saturday, so I just double checked. Cakewalk update says I have the latest build. Apparently this timing issue is more widespread into other areas like what I've experienced. Should I email Cakewalk support with this bug? Or will this thread suffice?

1 minute ago, gmp said:

David, I checked out the post and I justed installed for the first time on Saturday, so I just double checked. Cakewalk update says I have the latest build. Apparently this timing issue is more widespread into other areas like what I've experienced. Should I email Cakewalk support with this bug? Or will this thread suffice?

They are still working on some latency-compensation-related stuff. There was still an outstanding issue with punch-recording from time zero. Leave punch disabled, and it should be good.

Check the build in the About screen.

Build 144, the production build has the timing problem.

AFAIK, the update checker does not know about any build newer than build 144. It only knows about production releases.

The link above has a post from Noel with a temporary build 147 to address most of the timing issues with a final production build pending as noted by @David Baay

25 minutes ago, David Baay said:

Weird. did they say what the fix was related to? I would still like to better understand the symptoms of failure, and which method you're using to insert the synth. Also, if it's the VST3, you might try the VST2. I ran into this issue with the Chromaphone VST3 more than a year ago, but if you're not actually seeing crashes, this probably isn't it:

I tried both vst2, vst3.

and I tried all inserting method, synth rack, menu bar (prefer), track view menu...

Thanks, anyway.

45 minutes ago, muzdol said:

Update: I contacted AAS team, and they sent me a hotfix in 1 day. (Great CS!)

But... Now i can not load even 1 instance of Lounge Lizard EP-4.

I deleted and re-install CbB several times.... I spent half of yesterday.

I hope this disaster will end soon, because LL EP-4 is my go-to Rhodes plugin..

Thanks.

Updata: I made a video about it. 

16 minutes ago, scook said:

Check the build in the About screen.

Build 144, the production build has the timing problem.

AFAIK, the update checker does not know about any build newer than build 144. It only knows about production releases.

The link above has a post from Noel with a temporary build 147 to address most of the timing issues with a final production build pending as noted by @David Baay

You're so right. The update checker was wrong, so now I've updated t build 147 and it fixed the problem i had. So thanks again scook, you're on top of it

What do you think of this error screen that came up about the automation version being build 144. Am I ok to use it like this?

cake 2021 04.PNG

23 minutes ago, scook said:

All 4 files MUST have the same version number.

Reboot and re-run the build 147 update.

Glad I asked. That fixed it - thanks, man. You're the best

I'm trying to figure out how to stop something from occurring.  It looks like articulation maps are causing clip selection to act strangely.

When I click the clip in the first measure of the MIDI track as pictured below, the articulation for the second measure is also selected and the selection range above the MIDI track has both measures.  If I select the second clip in the MIDI track, only the second measure is selected, as expected.

If I move the second articulation a little to the right and click the first clip again, only the first measure is selected, as expected.

I've attached a small project file that shows what I mean as well.

selectionbug.png

Selection Bug.cwp

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, muzdol said:

I tried both vst2, vst3.

and I tried all inserting method, synth rack, menu bar (prefer), track view menu...

Thanks, anyway.

@muzdol You are running the 04 release right? The crash dialog looks different.
Have you tried the build that I posted here and setting the ExceptionHandlingSeverity to 5? You can also set it to 1 and attempt inserting that synth.

On 5/3/2021 at 2:07 PM, Štefan Gorej said:

@Noel Borthwick
I can confirm, that with the provided Cakewalk build 27.04.0.145 and ExceptionHandlingSeverity set to 5,
Project with VST3 version of Presswek loads successfully, so no exception caught by Cakewalk.

I'll also try beta builds of u-he VST3 plugins without ExceptionHandlingSeverity and confirm (also to u-he) if the've fixed this issue on their side or not yet.

Thanks for your assistance,
Stefan

EDIT: I also tried loading a Cakewalk project with VST3 version of Press werk after updated to Presswek latest beta 1.1.4.11152.
When ExceptionHandlingSeverity is not set the Presswerk still causes Cakewalk to crash. So new build of their VST3 doesn't solve this issue.
Minidump file attached.

_05032021_201459.zip 328.44 kB · 0 downloads

The crash is a null pointer access in the plugin. You should pass that on to them.
Unhandled exception at 0x00007FFB6BC5AC4D (Presswerk(x64).vst3) in _05032021_201459.dmp: 0xC0000005: Access violation reading location 0x0000000000000000.

1 hour ago, Noel Borthwick said:

@muzdol You are running the 04 release right? The crash dialog looks different.
Have you tried the build that I posted here and setting the ExceptionHandlingSeverity to 5? You can also set it to 1 and attempt inserting that synth.

It was 144. Now i just tried with 147, and  ExceptionHandlingSeverity (tried both 1 and 5). Same results...

4 hours ago, muzdol said:

I made a video about it. 

So it is a crash. If you have Nvidia graphics, you should look into the issue with OpenGL I linked earlier, and make sure your Nvidia drivers are updated. Although I only had an issue with the VST3.

6 hours ago, muzdol said:

Update: I contacted AAS team, and they sent me a hotfix in 1 day. (Great CS!)

But... Now i can not load even 1 instance of Lounge Lizard EP-4.

I deleted and re-install CbB several times.... I spent half of yesterday.

I hope this disaster will end soon, because LL EP-4 is my go-to Rhodes plugin..

Thanks.

I want to confirm that (as well as the issues with Spitfire instruments that I have already reported) - I can no longer load more than one instance of AAS player - the DAW just hangs with the Blue Circle and I have to force CbB to close.

And to make matters worse - this is AFTER ROLLING BACK to 2021.01

I beg you @Noel Borthwick is there some way I can do a clean install of the build 2020.08 (which was the last truly stable version I had) or 2020.09 -

I've rolled back from 2021.14 to 2021.01, but when I try to roll back to earlier versions it corrupts my install and I have to uninstall and reinstall CbB build 2021.14 again. Help!

NOTE: I have tested in SPLAT and I've got 3 instances of AAS opening.

Edited by Philip G Hunt

31 minutes ago, Philip G Hunt said:

is there some way I can do a clean install of the build 2020.08 (which was the last truly stable version I had) or 2020.09

The only way is if you saved the installer! 😟

I have already rollbacked to 2020.11, but as I looked in the release notes, you are absolutely right, the best version was 2020.08 ! 😉

• Sad 1

9 minutes ago, marled said:

The only way is if you saved the installer! 😟

I have already rollbacked to 2020.11, but as I looked in the release notes, you are absolutely right, the best version was 2020.08 ! 😉

I used to do this....then a few months ago I cleaned up my setups and thought "why am I keeping these old setups? Let's delete them" Doh!

Edited by Philip G Hunt

I don't know if this will help with trouble shooting.

I uninstalled CbB via the normal Windows 10 'uninstall' method and then tried installing Build 2020.08. I'm still having the same issues as above (more than 1 Spitfire instrument causing audio dropout - cannot load more than one instance of AAS) So I decided to try and deep-uninstall using Shampoo Uninstaller, and I get the following message:

Error trying to create file handle for "C:\User\--\AppData\Local\Temp\is-GMCB6.tmp\Cakewalk\Cakewalk\Cakewalk Core\". Error code: 3.

Any idea why I should be having trouble with this temp file?

7 hours ago, muzdol said:

Updata: I made a video about it. 

Update: Strange thing is that if i load 2 instance of Lounge Lizard EP-4 simultaneously in track view menu (+ button), I can load 2 instance of LL EP-4.

image.png.27852b7db2cee2540c4e4a0799d9b61a.png

Edited by muzdol

13 minutes ago, Philip G Hunt said:

I don't know if this will help with trouble shooting.

I uninstalled CbB via the normal Windows 10 'uninstall' method and then tried installing Build 2020.08. I'm still having the same issues as above (more than 1 Spitfire instrument causing audio dropout - cannot load more than one instance of AAS) So I decided to try and deep-uninstall using Shampoo Uninstaller, and I get the following message:

Any idea why I should be having trouble with this temp file?

No clue about this temp file, but don't you have a regular system backup like EaseUS or Acronis that backs up your whole PC installation in an disk or partition image?

Each time I run into this kind of trouble I revert to a recent image from a time I'm sure everything worked and all problems are gone...

Alternatively you can try a registry restore if that has been switched on in Windows:

1. Search bar: type "system restore"
  2. "Protection Settings" check under "available drives" if "Local Disk (C:) (System) protection is set to "on" (the configure button lets you set the amount of dis space that can be used for registry backups)
  3. In case System Restore was already set to on: select "System Restore" button
  4. Click "Next"
  5. Choose a restore point from a date where you were sure everything worked fine
  6. Click "Next"
  7. Follow the instructions on-screen to finish the restoration