2021.04 Feedback

On 5/3/2021 at 10:14 AM, Jonathan Sasor said:

I can't seem to reproduce this, can you upload some example audio? Possible there's some kind of special formatting to those particular files.

Hmm.  This happened on all three projects I set up that day.  Let me dig in, further.  My practice is to import all the new .wavs at 2:01:000 in the timeline (in case I need to slide left or right after importing), if that has any bearing on anything.

Thanks for following up, Jonathan.  I'll report back after some further investigation.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Update 5/25/21 -- downloaded and installed 2021.04, build 175, perhaps a week ago.  This tempo-changing issue hasn't happened on the new build (and I've imported another 3 projects, since the new install).  Thanks, guys!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edited by Mark
Issue resolved, 2021.04, 175

2 hours ago, Michael Neumann said:

I noticed that when I ctrl-drag a MIDI clip to another track, to copy it, it'll sometimes change the tempo of the song.

This can happen if you've previously enabled Copy-Pasting tempo changes in the Copy-Paste Special dialogs, and are dropping the clip at a different time. This is not new, just maybe more obvious because it's so easy to leave the tempo track showing all the time. Check your copy-paste settings, and also the state of 'Use Paste Special Options on Paste' under Preferences > Editing. Depending on your workflow, you may want to disable that.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Glenn Stanton said:

no, it's the default theme. i was using minimalistic orange but i switch out of it to make sure it wasn't a theme issue. as a note build 147 has corrected this issue but at the moment it's a separate download from the update notification in the CbB app (which is the 144 build).

When will build 147 pop up on loading as an official update?  

I can not load multiple instances of Applied Acoustic System plugins. Cakewalk gives no response. only 1 instance is ok. Occasionally, I can load 2 instance of Lounge Lizard EP-4, but it happens rarely.

I'm on windows 10 64bit, and AAS plugins and Cakewalk are latest versions.

Can you help me?

My AAS pugins are Lounge Lizare EP-4, AAS player, Strum session, Ultra analogue session..

Thanks.

Best,

Sohn.

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, muzdol said:

I can not load multiple instances of Applied Acoustic System plugins. Cakewalk gives no response. only 1 instance is ok. Occasionally, I can load 2 instance of Lounge Lizard EP-4, but it happens rarely.

I will give it a shot. Can you confirm this was working reliably in a previous release?

EDIT: Working as expected here. What procedure are you using, and is it just tracks are not being created, or also no new instance in the Synth Rack?

Edited by David Baay

2 hours ago, muzdol said:

Can you help me?

My AAS pugins are Lounge Lizare EP-4, AAS player, Strum session, Ultra analogue session..

Thanks.

Best,

Sohn.

This sounds like similar behaviour to what I'm experiencing with multiple instances of Spitfire instruments.

One instrument is fine. More than one starts to choke the system. Three, goodnight.

1 minute ago, Philip G Hunt said:

This sounds like similar behaviour to what I'm experiencing with multiple instances of Spitfire instruments.

One instrument is fine. More than one starts to choke the system. Three, goodnight.

I don't think he's talking about a performance problem. The way I read it, he's saying new AAS instances simply aren't created. I just tried several instances of Lounge Lizard and Ultra Analogue and could not reproduce a problem.

• Thanks 1

Just now, David Baay said:

I don't think he's talking about a performance problem. The way I read it, he's saying new AAS instances simply aren't created. I just tried several instances of Lounge Lizard and Ultra Analogue and could not reproduce a problem.

Ok. My misunderstanding.

Thanks

42 minutes ago, Andres Medina said:

Hi, I'm having this odd behavior since upgrading to 2021.04 :

When opening a Project File, Cakewalk ask me to create a Bundle File, and then try to find the missing audio.

Since this is a .cwp file, this is strange.

See the images.

Imagen1.png

Imagen2.png

It's not asking you to create a bundle file.

The cwp file is referencing audio files in the "D:\Bundle Files SONAR\Toy Cantando\Serie 2 Patita Lulu\0207 Balones Perdidos Piratas" directory. 

It can't find that directory, so it asks you if you want to create it.

Once it's created, it then (unsurprisingly) can't find the audio inside it.

16 msec delay in recoding audio

2021.04 has a problem with a 16 msec delay in recording that is only in this version of CbB. I have a midi track that triggers an 8th note high hat from an external AKAI sampler. I go to an audio track, arm it for record and hit record. The hat plays and the audio output of my analog mixer goes to the audio track in CbB.I stop it after a bar and then select the audio clip and then paste it 99x checking the box "align to measures. I now have an audio track that serves as an audio click track

This has worked fine with all version of CbB except this one. What happens is after I record 1 bar and select the clip the start point of the click is not 01:01:000 (0 sec), it's now always 01:01:018 (16 msec). I just opened 2021.11 and did the same test and the clip starts at 01:01:000 (o sec). So there's a delay in recording the audio using 2021.04

7 hours ago, David Baay said:

I will give it a shot. Can you confirm this was working reliably in a previous release?

EDIT: Working as expected here. What procedure are you using, and is it just tracks are not being created, or also no new instance in the Synth Rack?

Sorry i can not say about the previous version, since i'm not sure i did face same situation.

But, if i can roll back to previous version, i'll try.

Thanks.

9 hours ago, muzdol said:

Can you help me?

Thanks.

Best,

Sohn.

Update: I contacted AAS team, and they sent me a hotfix in 1 day. (Great CS!)

But... Now i can not load even 1 instance of Lounge Lizard EP-4.

I deleted and re-install CbB several times.... I spent half of yesterday.

I hope this disaster will end soon, because LL EP-4 is my go-to Rhodes plugin..

Thanks.

3 minutes ago, muzdol said:

Update: I contacted AAS team, and they sent me a hotfix in 1 day. (Great CS!)

But... Now i can not load even 1 instance of Lounge Lizard EP-4.

Weird. did they say what the fix was related to? I would still like to better understand the symptoms of failure, and which method you're using to insert the synth. Also, if it's the VST3, you might try the VST2. I ran into this issue with the Chromaphone VST3 more than a year ago, but if you're not actually seeing crashes, this probably isn't it: