2021.04 Feedback

9 hours ago, Noel Borthwick said:

Hi folks,

Thanks for all your feedback. There have been a few reports of record sync, some crashes on load and a few other cases.

Here is a build that should resolve these issues. We'd appreciate you trying this build if you are affected by any of these problems.

Issues resolved:   

• Recorded audio clips placed late on timeline by the ASIO record latency

• New Preferences | File | initialization file setting to control the sensitivity for error detection. 2020.01 has stricter error checking and as a result some projects with plugin's that internally cause errors errors may not open.  You can work around this by adding the option ExceptionHandlingSeverity and set it to a value of 5After restarting the application this may allow projects that crashed to open. (assuming they opened in a prior version)
    To go back to the default setting, delete this value (the actual default value is currently 7)

• Staff View not updating after nudging nodes 

• Loading pre Tempo Track projects by default will not attempt to create envelope shapes from the tempo map. 

• Track View no longer visible in Keyboard Shortcut category dropdown 

•  PRV Aim Assist line slightly off when left is scrolled beyond zero

I assume this is just an Early Access Build at the moment?  When I open CW it's not being prompted.

8 hours ago, Herbert Zio said:

My TOC solved it through the Theme Editor. 🙂

Tempo.PNG

Bravissimo !

Now we just need them to make do it for the official version

Actually what would also be cool if any of the bakers are reading is if you could right click to show/hide tempo track 

Edited by Mark Morgon-Shaw

1 hour ago, Bassfaceus said:

hello all..i notice this was asked earlier but no response yet...

what is the usefulness of waveform outline?

thanks

Here is one thing I can think of.

If you inadvertently choose a clip background colour that is similar to your waveform colour, the waveform outline will allow you to still see the waveform clearly.

That being said, it’s optional and can be switched off if you don’t feel you need it..

4 hours ago, Štefan Gorej said:

@Noel Borthwick I've already received answer from u-he (they are really quick). They're preparing a new version of Presswerk that should solve these issues. I'm going to test their new non-public beta build today evening with Cakewalk, so I'll let know both them and here.

This is awesome. I wish more plugin developers were as responsive as this. Please let me know how it goes,
This is the main point of the improved checking since it improves stability for everyone.

BTW @Štefan Gorej did you try masking these errors with the new build I posted yet?

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Bassfaceus said:

hello all..i notice this was asked earlier but no response yet...

what is the usefulness of waveform outline?

thanks

A few:
It highlights the peaks in the waveform envelope better
Its quite common in some other DAW’s so there is an expectation of this
It looks nice (to some)
It’s optional

5 hours ago, Philip G Hunt said:

I posted this elsewhere, but after seeing Noel's message on Facebook, I'm putting it here:

I upgraded to the Current Release: 2021.04 yesterday and started getting problems with audio stuttering, dropping out and choking of the system.

I've been running previous versions of CbB seamlessly on my i5 laptop but the latest update is overloading the system.

I've found it doesn't play well with the Spitfire libraries, in particular Firewood piano and OPW.  Firewood can be a bit system heavy, but OPW has never caused me problems in the past. With the current build I am unable to run three Spitfire libraries on the same session, the whole system chokes up, stutters and stalls. If I add izotope or Raum, the system buckles completely.

I've rolled back to the previous build and, so far, it seems to have resolved the issue. I thought I'd report this here so the dev team can consider it.

Thanks

@Philip G HuntCan you share a link to the project files with us so we can follow up and troubleshoot?

I used Cakewalk's Tap Tempo feature for the first yesterday.  I found it to be quite handy.  Used to use a hardware button on one of my sound modules, so this is nice to have conveniently located in Cakewalk's new Tempo Track.   

Edited by User 905133
to clarify what I meant
  • Like 2

14 hours ago, Mark said:

I think I have an item not reported, as yet.  I just installed the 2021.04 (build 144) version today, and I imported 3 new projects for mixing.  I encountered the same tempo-reversion issue with each project.  I think the steps to reproduce are:

1. Create a new project with sample rate, bit depth, and tempo (& name & location, of course) using File | New
  2. Import audio tracks
  3. Start assigning audio tracks to track folders

Note now that the tempo indicator in the control bar has reverted to 100 bpm (no matter what initial tempo was assigned).

I can't seem to reproduce this, can you upload some example audio? Possible there's some kind of special formatting to those particular files.

5 hours ago, Mark Morgon-Shaw said:

Bravissimo !

Now we just need them to make do it for the official version

Actually what would also be cool if any of the bakers are reading is if you could right click to show/hide tempo track 

I defined a shortcut key to show/hide the tempo track, but something official would be better so that all users have the same facility.

1 hour ago, User 905133 said:

I used Cakewalk's Tap Tempo feature for the first yesterday.  I found it to be quite handy.  Used to use a hardware button on one of my sound modules, so this is nice to have conveniently located in Cakewalk's new Tempo Track.   

Agree and in addition I think it brings much hope for many more and exciting uses in the future. This probably belongs to the feature request forum but can we MIDI learn the Tap Tempo?

Also there is some king of reset missing when you'd want to start tapping a new tempo.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Herbert Zio said:

I defined a shortcut key to show/hide the tempo track, but something official would be better so that all users have the same facility.

The default shortcut is ALT+T.

ALT+SHIFT+5 shows/hides both the Tempo track and Tempo inspector.

• Like 2

I have an issue with inserting beat at now feature. I'm not sure it is from the latest version, but it used to work with the version that had the old tempoi view.
Description:
I have an old track that has tempo changes, to get a click track I insert a lot of "Beat at now"  markers , but now it overwrites the previous one(seen that in the tempo view)  , but not always, sometimes it creates a new one as I want it to do.image.png.ca97e3192562420836eb9e7a61f8267c.png 
image.png.2fd1cc6e9b03b2e956f069886b5b46f3.png
image.png.82f246d6ab043644784f8320d27d8cb5.png

5 minutes ago, Patrick Goudriaan said:

I have an old track that has tempo changes, to get a click track I insert a lot of "Beat at now"  markers , but now it overwrites the previous one(seen that in the tempo view)  , but not always, sometimes it creates a new one as I want it to do.

I just found out, that if I change the tempo of the last section first, I can insert a new "Beat at now". 

10 hours ago, Keith Lane said:

I'm still getting an issue with MPC Beats hanging the DAW when loading projects, UNLESS I laod it as an Effect rather than a VSTi - but then I only have sterio so it's not really usable.

MPC beats has preexisting stability issues that have been reported to AKAI. Until they fix this its not going to change. If you send a dump file for the hang I can verify its the same issue. You can also try disabling the strict exception handling in the build posted in this thread just in case its related (unlikely)

I'm noticing Audiosnap-ed clips with shifted notes are not playing back at the right timing sometimes.  For example I edited 3 tracks of vocals to be in sync but playing back  the clips (without bouncing) sounds totally off sync even though the waveforms matches up

• Thanks 1

I find the new tempo track less suited to my needs.  It interrupts my work flow.  Is there any way to remove that part of the programming?  OR, is there a way to incorporate the old AND the new view?  OR - - - do I have to accept it as the new gospel and re-adjust my attitude?

Willard

• Like 1