2021.04 Feedback

I was feeling experimental so I tried the High DPI Rendering variable. It definitely looks better. So thanks for that.

Bandlab integration seems to work well. I love the Tempo Track.

This is a very impressive update. Great job Bakers.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for the New Version.

There is an ISSUE with the New "East West Hollywood Opus Edition". CW is official not supported,  see manual  page 8:  Sequencer Compatibility

It plays the wrong MIDI Track, that makes the selected track get the midi of other tracks - sorry need to figure out more in details ...

Edited by Roland-Music

I know I've had something like this before - but I can't remember how I solved it.

The GUI looks unchanged after the update to 2021.04 (Build 144, 64 bit).

But: when I click on the '+' in the Synth Rack to add a new softsynth to the project, the popup list with all VST instruments is too tiny to read on my 4K main monitor. And I can't grab and drag the popup to my second monitor that is configured to HD.

How can I increase the size of the popup and/or its font to make it readable again?

17 minutes ago, LoopJunkie said:

I know I've had something like this before - but I can't remember how I solved it.

But: when I click on the '+' in the Synth Rack to add a new softsynth to the project, the popup list with all VST instruments is too tiny to read on my 4K main monitor. And I can't grab and drag the popup to my second monitor that is configured to HD.

How can I increase the size of the popup and/or its font to make it readable again?

How large is the normal application menu text in comparison?

1 hour ago, Herbert Zio said:

Waveform outlines do not work on all colors, if I choose another color that is not in the first color palette, but in the subpalette, the outline disappears

Works fine for me. What Sub-palette are you referring to? The "Other..." Windows color picker? Something else?

5 hours ago, Base 57 said:

I was feeling experimental so I tried the High DPI Rendering variable. It definitely looks better. So thanks for that.

Bandlab integration seems to work well. I love the Tempo Track.

This is a very impressive update. Great job Bakers.

Where is that variable ??  I keep looking but can't find it..

Thx !

EDIT - Found it in the release notes (OF COURSE :) )

Edited by Greg Wynn
More info

3 hours ago, LoopJunkie said:

What resolution are you running at and what are your display scaling settings in Windows?

Hey guys... absolutely LOVE the tempo track revisions, and a couple of the minor bug fixes are very welcome for my Modus Operandi.

However, I notice that the Visible/Hidden status of the Browser (B) is still being ignored by the Screensets Module. Can that be addressed in future?

Inspector pane (I), and Dock (D)  status are saved in Screensets, but not the Browser.

Edited by OutrageProductions

3 minutes ago, Milton Sica said:

I'm using the new variable for Win10. My monitor is a Sansung Curve. I haven't noticed anything abnormal so far. Not for the better, not for the worse. I did notice a slow loading of Ozone 9 Elements.

The difference is seen in text rendering when you are running with display scaling set to something higher than 100% in Windows. Take a screenshot before and after the change and you will see the text rendered better if you zoom in.
Fonts are rendered much crisper. But with some plugin's not optimized you may see some perf issues. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Colin Nicholls said:

How large is the normal application menu text in comparison?

It's as before and like in any other app or program: readable and in adequate size; the popup VST instrument list seems in comparison like 10% to 20% of that.

Since the last update the marker line in the piano roll view stays in the location where it has been upon exiting the piano roll section with the mouse, even after moving out the cursor to entirely different UI elements.

It's only fading out if I move the cursor out of the piano roll section to the right or through the bottom. If I do it to the through the top (which is the most likely scenario), then the marker line will be drawn indefinitely or until I move the mouse into the piano roll section again.

Cakewalk-UI.thumb.png.1e7ab3edb6c650c7b070816aa510a1d7.png