Cakewalk and Superior Drummer 3 issues

I posted this in the Toontrack forums, but thought I would try here too, in case there are users experiencing the same thing...

I am using Cakewalk (by Bandlab) and have SD 3.1.2.  I have noticed that when an instance of SD3 is in my Cakewalk file, the Cakewalk file takes a really long time to open.  Once the project is open in CW, and I open SD3 within, I look at the memory gauge (upper right that shows the kit as it’s loading) and it seems to stall.  For instance, I am loading the NY Avatar kit,the memory is showing 580 as the total RAM, but loaded is only showing 120…  then a minute later it creeps to 150, then a little bit later 168.  THis is not while song is playing  nor am I in cached mode.  I just want the entire kit to load, but it doesn’t seem like it is doing that.

Also, switching kits seems to take a long time, and even changing a drum out can cause it to hang.

I feel like it worked much better with it was Sonar Platinum (prior to Bandlab taking over) but I can’t image the DAW changed that much.

Windows 10, 64bit

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks!

On 4/5/2019 at 5:44 PM, tunesmithers said:

am using Cakewalk (by Bandlab) and have SD 3.1.2.  I have noticed that when an instance of SD3 is in my Cakewalk file, the Cakewalk file takes a really long time to open.  Once the project is open in CW, and I open SD3 within, I look at the memory gauge (upper right that shows the kit as it’s loading) and it seems to stall.  For instance, I am loading the NY Avatar kit,the memory is showing 580 as the total RAM, but loaded is only showing 120…  then a minute later it creeps to 150, then a little bit later 168.

Depending on your PC processing speed and RAM IIRC, it can take a minute to load all the samples up.  I remember there being a settings in superior drums for loading samples into ram.

The faster it loads depends on your Ram specs in your PC. Also, if thew samples are not on your audio drive and on an external hard drive, this can take longer