Roll Call

Fret Flintstone

@bayoubill - hasn't been seen since April 12. Has he passed from this mortal coil? He didn't try to stuff a whole Quarter Pounder down his feeding tube did he?

@Shane_B - hasn't been seen since April 15. The similarities between this forum and Communist China didn't wear him down did it?

The people want to know.

Edited by Fret Flintstone

You can add a lot to that list, at least down here.  Some during the switch and more from the censorship.  A few pop in and do a like or similar, but it's not like it used to be!

Andy (Synkrotron)

James (James1213)

Dave (Bitflipper)

Daryl (Daryl1968)

Ubiquitous Bubba

James (Sharke)

Beepster

Pedro (Moshkiae)

Reece (Beagle)

Mesh - Ok, I've seen him pop in a couple of times.

Danny

Randy

Herb (Guitarhacker)

Jonbouy

Yorolpal

Rain

Karyn

Et. al. (yeah, I know I missed some

*Sigh...* 😢

That said, I hope Bill checks back in soon!

10 hours ago, Fret Flintstone said:

@Shane_B - hasn't been seen since April 15. The similarities between this forum and Communist China didn't wear him down did it?

The people want to know.

Howdy. Thanks for asking/caring. Well, since the people want to know ...

Put simply I just don't feel welcome here. It has absolutely nothing to do with the forum members. I like everyone here even the ones I've get in to heated discussions with.

My posts are heavily censored while others that clearly violate the ridiculous TOS are allowed and I'm just done with it. It's not fun to be here anymore.

I bumped in to Guitar Hacker on another forum and said hello and asked him to pop in here. He completely ignored me and never showed up. As far as I remember I always got along with him and liked his posts. Bit's last communication that I saw/viewed was with me regarding the censorship. Haven't seen or heard another peep from him. He did say he got vaxed and was looking forward to getting back together with his band iirc. I'd put money that's where he is.

I still read once in a while but I'm rarely here. Take care.

3 hours ago, Shane_B. said:

Put simply I just don't feel welcome here

I don't think anybody does. If it helps any I only continue to visit in spite of the nonsensical moderation.

Plus, I like to bust Bapu's chops as often as possible.

• Great Idea 1

7 hours ago, craigb said:

You can add a lot to that list, at least down here

Maybe true, maybe speculation, but if it helps, this is what I heard....

Andy (Synkrotron)  - Changed his name to Nigel and disappeared in tangle of wires trying to connect his second LFO to his DCO. 

James (James1213) - Got a bit fed up with certain people poking fun at the girlfriends of his kinfolk - or sheep as they're sometimes known.

Dave (Bitflipper) - Seemingly awol since his own thread got deleted, presumably by another mod. Currently looking for a new dummy.

Daryl (Daryl1968) - Fell in love with a monkey and now residing on the Planet of the apes.

Ubiquitous Bubba - well, could be anything, right?

James (Sharke) - Ran off with a weird looking chick called Bitwig. 

Beepster - Furiously breeding hamsters in attempt to improve the power of his laptop.

Pedro (Moshkiae) - Bored himself to sleep 3 years ago. Still comatose.

Jonbouy  - made enough from forum fees to retire to a medium sized bungalow in Brighton where he occasionally intimidates the neighbours just for fun.

Yorolpal - Selling Yeller fro's on a beach somewhere..

Rain - Saw the ghost of Elvis. Currently making an album with him in a very dark room.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Shane_B. said:

Howdy. Thanks for asking/caring. Well, since the people want to know ...

Put simply I just don't feel welcome here. It has absolutely nothing to do with the forum members. I like everyone here even the ones I've get in to heated discussions with.

My posts are heavily censored while others that clearly violate the ridiculous TOS are allowed and I'm just done with it. It's not fun to be here anymore.

I bumped in to Guitar Hacker on another forum and said hello and asked him to pop in here. He completely ignored me and never showed up. As far as I remember I always got along with him and liked his posts. Bit's last communication that I saw/viewed was with me regarding the censorship. Haven't seen or heard another peep from him. He did say he got vaxed and was looking forward to getting back together with his band iirc. I'd put money that's where he is.

I still read once in a while but I'm rarely here. Take care.

That is a shame. All the best to you and yours, stay well.

One down one to go, bayoubill.

As to craigb's list, and those that trickled in after, I was mainly thinking about those who made the jump to the new World, and hung around. Many of those like Sharke never made it across AFAIK, at least 2 are in the group that are the source of the woes, and then there are the ones that have been MIA for years.

You never know who is here under a different handle.