soundtoyz

jmay

I have Windows 10 and a new Bandlab download. Soundtoyz Filter Freak and Little Plate cannot be found by VST scans. They are authorized in Ilok one, seem to be in the correct file locations, I have checked all the  scan settings etc. Any ideas why they won't work? Also none of the third party VSTs that are working in cakewalk will load into Sound Forge 10. Thanks for any help.

Make sure the scan path in preferences has the folders containing the VST2 and VST3 plug-ins.

Do not install VST2 plug-in under "C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST3", Files with a .dll extension are not scanned in the VST3 folder.

Enable "Scan in Sandbox" and "Generate Scan Logs" in preferences then click the "Reset..." button.

The reset will clear the VST inventory and rebuild it based on the scan paths.

If the plug-ins are still missing review the scan log.

The VST3 spec recommends "C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST3". Most manufacturers use this path and do not offer the ability to install elsewhere.

The VST2 spec is silent on the subject. There are several conventions. There is no exact path to provide. As noted above, the only restriction imposed by CbB is the dlls must not be installed under "C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST3". 

The log created by the reset should indicate whether the plug-ins are being scanned or not and which paths are getting scanned.

On 4/28/2021 at 1:32 PM, jmay said:

Thanks, I have done all this to no avail.  To what exact file path should these be installed?

I don't think there is an exact one. I have SoundToys 5 and they are not available in VST3 format. I installed the VST2 64-bit plugins in a VST2 64-bit\SoundToys folder on a separate recording content drive but you should be able to put them anywhere that's on a VST scan path and has 1GB of free space. The only thing the installer places at the install path are the DLLs. All 21 DLLs occupy less than 1GB.