IK Tape Machines Sale

cclarry

Whats the preferred tape machine?

Just trying to avoid having to demo 4 tape machines plus the echo.

I currently use Softube Tape, which is a bunch of tape settings in one plugin. Kudos for convenience.

I also have Taupe from Acustica, which has a UI that challenges my old timers. Plus it destroys CPU.

I'd be prioritizing a sense of 3D depth, and that pleasant smoothing of transients . . .

Thanks for any tape tips!

Edited by emeraldsoul

13 minutes ago, emeraldsoul said:

Whats the preferred tape machine?

Just trying to avoid having to demo 4 tape machines plus the echo.

I currently use Softube Tape, which is a bunch of tape settings in one plugin. Kudos for convenience.

I also have Taupe from Acustica, which has a UI that challenges my old timers. Plus it destroys CPU.

I'd be prioritizing a sense of 3D depth, and that pleasant smoothing of transients . . .

Thanks for any tape tips!

My preference is the 24...YMMV

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, cclarry said:

My preference is the 24...YMMV

Same here. I use the 24. It's a mother *****er of a CPU hog..  but does work as they state on their web site. I am looking to switch out of IKM.. I have been using some Softtube effects lately and am really impressed with the quality. I feel they are a few steps above IKM.

Edited by telecode 101
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, telecode 101 said:

Same here. I use the 24. It's a mother *****er of a CPU hog..  but does work as they state on their web site. I am looking to switch out of IKM.. I have been using some Softtube effects lately and am really impressed with the quality. I feel they are a few steps above IKM.

Agree.  If you're using Studio One then Softube Tape is the ticket.  It works as a Mix Engine FX ....