UI becomes very laggy on large projects with lots of plugins and tracks

12345678ytrewq

Hello guys.

I am curious if there is any setting or tip how to make refresh rate of all Cakewalk UI to work faster (for example to 60fps with faster responce time) . As it feels when scrolling for example console or in project view there all is lagging as hell on heavy projects with lots of tracks and plugins. I dont saw dependance of UI in projects which have lots of plugins and track to lag so much in for example Cubase and Ableton.  Does UI related to buffer size settings and on heavy projects when use for example  audio driver buffer size like 1024 it start to lag?

Yesterday I tried to gain-automate a clip in a project with a single track. There are about 40 vocal phrases in the single clip and I added maximum 5 clip gain changes per phrase. When I came to the middle the left/right scrolling got terrible slow, coming to the end of the track scrolling was nearly impossible! Annoying!

Specification: Cakewalk 2021.01 (build 098), Intel i5-8600K 6-Core, 16 GB RAM, Windows 10 Pro (1909).

• 2 weeks later...

I'm having a similar issue. The UI is laggy - the whole thing (including Now time and meters) momentarily freezes every few seconds which makes adjusting dials and EQ really tricky. It still happens even when all effects are off and engine load is about 10% (audio load 4%).

The attached photo shows the NowTime stuttering. It doesn't look like much but each time it freezes the whole UI freezes, so it interupts mouse clicks, drags etc.

I upgraded from Windows 10 1909 to 20H2 this week, the same time as updating to the April Cakewalk build. It was working fine on the old windows build with previous cakewalk version.

Specification: Cakewalk 2021.04 (build 144), Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-9750H CPU @ 2.60GHz   2.59 GHz, 16 GB RAM, Windows 10 Pro (20H2). All latest drivers.