AAS Multiphonics CV-1 Modular synth

Magic Russ

14 hours ago, User 905133 said:

Just an FYI (based on CV-1 trial): Although VM's Plug-in Host can hold CV-1, not many of the parameters are available for VM control.  To me this is significant because I can resize VM, not CV-1.  Size comparison also included here so people with vision concerns can save their 15-day trial for when (and if) AAS makes improvements. 

image.thumb.png.2a1e947fa33ff1dab81d4ff62e39cd2c.png            image.thumb.png.ff56bd1320fbc044112f9ea1c8a19904.png    

Did you mess with the panel controls and the sizing thumb at the bottom right hand corner?

image.png.e414c2d92864dbe1d8353e396a837657.png
You might have to play with it a little to get it to expand fully but that's something AAS will tweak in an update.

This looks pretty large to me...

image.thumb.png.17af1bf2fc93d17895fa0b5fd7654afa.png

the top section is my 2560x1080 screen at 100% scaling.  I cut off about a 1/3 of the right side of the screen so conceivably it could hold even more modules.

Edit: I see now that you are referring to scaling when you say resize - yes, that feature CV-1 does not currently have.
So on a small 4k screen at 100% scaling text might be small but wouldn't the same apply to Cakewalk?  Looks like they are both using close to same size font.

Edited by TheSteven

This is as big, in terms of content, as I can make CV-1 on my system - won't hold any more modules either width wise or height wise.
Some of the module are not connected because I took the largest patch I could find and started throwing modules on to see what the limit was.
VST screen is 1915x1303 pixels.

image.thumb.png.9646b987a5a1ae2252a6453955cb4800.png

Edited by TheSteven
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, TheSteven said:

Did you mess with the panel controls and the sizing thumb at the bottom right hand corner?

image.png.e414c2d92864dbe1d8353e396a837657.png
You might have to play with it a little to get it to expand fully but that's something AAS will tweak in an update.

. . .

This looks pretty large to me...

Edit: I see now that you are referring to scaling when you say resize - yes, that feature CV-1 does not currently have.
So on a small 4k screen at 100% scaling text might be small but wouldn't the same apply to Cakewalk?  Looks like they are both using close to same size font.

Thanks for your thoughts and for the opportunity to clarify.  My initial reason for showing the image here was to suggest that if vision/size/resizing is a concern, potential buyers might want to wait until there are some changes to CV-1 to use their 15-day trial.  Today I started to assemble some images to show more. I have a draft of a CV-1 within VM within CbB that shows a comparison.  So far as I can tell, the nested images reflect the size of CV-1 in standalone mode as well.

Yes, I tried those panel controls, but on my PC they just changed the visibility of the left/right/bottom panels. I also tried the resizing triangle in the lower right hand corner of the frame (both within Cakewalk and CV-1 standalone).

As for resizing, I much prefer that software handles that itself; I really don't like to change my monitor settings to adapt to software.

On my PC some plug-ins can be resized within CbB by changing the size of the plug-in frame.  Some plug-ins don't.  Some have artifacts and behave badly when resized.  In my experience on my PC, CV-1's content doesn't resize within CbB or in standalone mode. The frame gets bigger but the plug-in's visual content stays the same size.  This might vary on other PCs.

One of my concerns was a comment that CV-1 might make a good starter software modular to learn on.  That was also part of my reasoning for addressing the resizing issue.

As I mentioned, I like the crispness of many of the AAS sounds I have (based mostly on the free AAS Player, the Session series, and VA-3).  Yesterday I listened to the CV-1 sounds and those have a similar crispness.  In fact, I have tested a number of those as plug-ins within VM's plug-in hosts. To me they all work well within VM's control environment.

I assume AAS will work on improving CV-1.   

Edited by User 905133
(2) clarifications made WRT: plug-in, plug-in frame, and plug-in visual content; (1) to add "or in standalone mode"
  • Like 2

Just wanted to update, AAS did finally get back to me about the crashing on exit their 4.40 update series were causing.  They sent me a hot fix test build and it fixes my crash issue.  Not sure when it will be released into the world, but I'm pretty happy they are fixing it.  I may have to add CV-1 to complete my collection.

• Like 5

On 4/27/2021 at 3:28 PM, User 905133 said:

I think it might appeal to people who want it for the presets

Nothing there to make me want it. I get that presets are not the point of this kind of thing, but as a supposed showcase of what can be done with it the selection is somewhat lacking. 

• 3 months later...

Hey, does anyone still have by any chance the v1.0.0 trial installer and can share it? I was looking to thoroughly test it but for some reason the current v1.0.1 keeps crashing, and I remember playing with the first version when it came out but didn't have time to actually get into it.

6 hours ago, danbertt said:

Hey, does anyone still have by any chance the v1.0.0 trial installer and can share it? I was looking to thoroughly test it but for some reason the current v1.0.1 keeps crashing, and I remember playing with the first version when it came out but didn't have time to actually get into it.

I do, but it's way too large to attach to a PM. I put it on my Google Drive. Here's the link. Let me know if that works.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1_Jq12FPbrg7i6fYhS6ayvLvQSbNpVA-E/view?usp=sharing

Edited by John Maar
  • Like 1