Sign in to follow this  
Morten Saether

Is a PDF manual or offline help available?

The Cakewalk Reference Guide PDF can be accessed directly from this forum. To view and download the PDF, click the Cakewalk by BandLab forum menu and select Reference Guide PDF, or download the PDF directly from here.

image.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 6

This is a great idea, a most wonderful thing, thank you so much.

It will be of so much help to new users who are starting with CbB and never had access to this before.

Note to new users: the Reference Guide is not merely the HTML documentation in PDF form, it's a much more detailed 2,600 page book on how to use Cakewalk.

17 hours ago, Morten Saether said:

The Cakewalk Reference Guide PDF can be accessed directly from this forum. To view and download the PDF, click the Cakewalk by BandLab forum menu and select Reference Guide PDF, or download the PDF directly from here.

image.png

Wow! It is true that Bandlab is listening to the community 😄 Can this manual be accesible from the DAW help menu? Thanks!

Posted (edited)

Thank you for providing this pdf file to new Cakewalk by BandLab users.

Wow!  First look reaction.  From a quick look there has been a lot of revisions and updates from the last edition of the Sonar Reference Manual.  Congratulations to whoever has been working on the project.

I am impressed.

Edited by fogle622

On 4/5/2019 at 2:52 PM, Morten Saether said:

image.png

So, happy to see it. I moved it to OneDrive so I can access from anywhere. The online documentation is very hard to read on my phone which I routinely use for technical reading when I have downtime (doctor's office, waiting for planes, etc.) Hope it can be kept reasonably current.

On 4/6/2019 at 5:08 AM, Feral State Sound said:

Can this manual be accessible from the DAW help menu?

Our own @scook created a handy utility for adding items to the Utilities menu, and I found that it works a treat for adding an entry to launch the Cakewalk Reference Guide.

http://forum.cakewalk.com/Adding-programs-to-the-SONAR-Utilities-Menu-a-new-tool-Updated-for-CbB-m3237117.aspx