We Shout! by Scandalous Grace - UPDATED MIX 4/13/19

Beagle

*** UPDATED MIX ***   SAME SCANDALOUS LINK, SAME SCANDALOUS TIME...WELL, SAME LINK! 😆

Here's our latest tune!  Comments are always welcome!  thanks for listening!

Beagle - Words & Music, Lead Vox, B3, Drum Programming (SD3), mixing
Mike Hanson - Elec Rhythm, Bass, BGVs
Sean Peifer - Elec Rhythm, BGVs

Edited by Beagle

I'd say this is praiseworthy  :)

Well mix wise, I think the vocal (s) might be just a bit out front, maybe back them down just a hair, and bring the kick drum and the drums generally up a bit? Just a thought.

Here's another: I'm not sure your bass pattern and your drum patterns mesh or match as well as they could in the verses. In the choruses, seems like they mesh well. In the verse, maybe find a drum pattern that matches the rhythm of the bass line? Or give the bass more to do?

The outtro I think works very nicely, mixed well here!

There are better mixers than I am on this forum, so I will definitely defer to a higher power.

nice one!

-Tom

First, the song catches the praise vibe nicely.  I agree with others that the vocals could be dialed back some.  Also, maybe add a little more reverb on the vocals to get that big cathedral sound...’Just a thought.  Thanks for sharing.😊🙏

Great Praise song.
in my humble opinion I think the vocals are too forward.
I would like to hear more reverb on the intro and more of the rhythm  section.
A little more ummmphhh  🙂
The bass could work a little harder.  🙂
With the bass raised and more kick...   it would make you want to dance.

Well done.

Hey, Reece,

Another excellent job by the SG crew!😀

Good songwriting,  great message and arrangement, stellar performances by all three of you, and your vocals were pure dynamite!  Your vocals have been getting better and better over the years, Reece.  I think this is definitely my new favorite from you guys!

Super job, boys, always good to hear a new one from you, Mike and Sean!👍

Have a good one,
Bob

On 4/5/2019 at 8:18 PM, emeraldsoul said:

I'd say this is praiseworthy  :)

Well mix wise, I think the vocal (s) might be just a bit out front, maybe back them down just a hair, and bring the kick drum and the drums generally up a bit? Just a thought.

Here's another: I'm not sure your bass pattern and your drum patterns mesh or match as well as they could in the verses. In the choruses, seems like they mesh well. In the verse, maybe find a drum pattern that matches the rhythm of the bass line? Or give the bass more to do?

The outtro I think works very nicely, mixed well here!

There are better mixers than I am on this forum, so I will definitely defer to a higher power.

nice one!

-Tom

Hey Tom!  Thanks so much for listening and your great comments!  I've updated the mix based on yours and others' comments here.  I brought the lead vox down and brought the kick and bass up.

thanks so much we appreciate the listen and the great comments!

On 4/5/2019 at 9:31 PM, Ed D said:

Nice job! Lots of energy and good singing! Yes, the lead vocals level could maybe be backed off a bit. Maybe a bit loud. 

Nice harmonies as well.   :)

Thanks so much Ed!  I've backed the lead vox down some in the new mix.  you can hear it on the same soundcloud link.  let me know what you think!

Thanks again!

On 4/5/2019 at 11:00 PM, amiller said:

First, the song catches the praise vibe nicely.  I agree with others that the vocals could be dialed back some.  Also, maybe add a little more reverb on the vocals to get that big cathedral sound...’Just a thought.  Thanks for sharing.😊🙏

amiller - thanks so much for listening and your suggestions!  I have added more verb to the vocals - you should be able to hear a difference now especially on the parts where we're mostly just voices.  let me know what you think of the new mix.  it's the same link above!  thanks again!

On 4/6/2019 at 3:15 AM, garybrun said:

Great Praise song.
in my humble opinion I think the vocals are too forward.
I would like to hear more reverb on the intro and more of the rhythm  section.
A little more ummmphhh  🙂
The bass could work a little harder.  🙂
With the bass raised and more kick...   it would make you want to dance.

Well done.

Hey Gary!  thanks so much for listening and your great comments!  I've put a new mix up with the lead vox down! :)  let me know what you think of the new mix!  

On 4/7/2019 at 10:20 AM, Douglas Kirby said:

I agree with a couple of the other guys that the vocals could be backed off a bit for this mix.   Cool song - nicely done.

Hi Douglas - you ask, I give!  new mix up with lead vox brought down in the mix - thanks!

On 4/9/2019 at 3:48 PM, thegaltieribrothers said:

Hi Beagle,

I think the higher power definitely heard you 😉

Great song + well performed.

Thanks for sharing.

Good Job!

regards

paul

Hey Paul - thanks so much for your great comments!  we appreciate it very much!!