Reference Guide PDF now available [Updated 4-Jan-2022]

• 2 weeks later...

The updates over the Bandlab years have contributed much to the Cakewalk Reference Guide’s usability. 

While large, its been pared down by several hundred pages yet becoming a more polished reference with every iteration.

I really appreciate the effort going into it. There is so much depth to Cakewalk’s feature set that the Guide exposes. I recommend all users get more familiar with it.

• Like 2
  • Great Idea 3

The newly updated Reference Guide is a big help, and I really appreciate all the work that went into it.

Is there any way it could be added as Offline Help in CbB the way it used to be available in the old Sonar programs?

1 minute ago, aleo said:

Is there any way it could be added as Offline Help in CbB the way it used to be available in the old Sonar programs?

The pdf was never integrated into SONAR.

SONAR included the help in chm format and used it whenever the internet was unavailable or set to use local help.

Adding the pdf to the Utilities menu is easy though.

The Tools Editor in CbB Tools can add almost anything to the Utilities menu.

There is an image of how-to setup the reference guide in the CbB Tools readme.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/5/2019 at 11:41 AM, Morten Saether said:

We are pleased to announce the availability of the Cakewalk Reference Guide PDF.

To view and download the PDF, click the Cakewalk by BandLab forum menu and select Reference Guide PDF, or download the PDF directly from here.

image.png

Thanks a lot!   Wow, a nearly 2000 page reference manual.  Wonderful to have nearby!

Jerry

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, charles kasler said:

I don't see a search icon. Is there any to search such a large guide?

It depends on what you open it with. But by default its your browser and ctrl-F should open a search box that will search the entire pdf document. In my case I am using Edge and ctrl-F works or I can use the search icon at the top left to open the search box.

image.png.f28921044db91c1c9a98b0c9dff827bc.png

• 1 year later...
On 2/28/2022 at 4:59 PM, charles kasler said:

I don't see a search icon. Is there any to search such a large guide?

@charles kaslerThe downloadable pdf file Table of Contents is searchable.  Every entry can be selected by clicking on the Table of Contents text.  Your mouse cursor will change to a pointing finger as it hovers over a link.  The links are not identified with a light blue color and underline like they are with web pages.

The index is searchable.  Every entry can be selected by clicking on a page number.  Again the cursor changes from an arrow to a pointing finger.

As mentioned earlier keystrokes Ctrl+F opens a Windows search window at the bottom of the screen.  Beside the box to enter text there are up and down arrows to quickly move between instances where the text occurs.  There is also a counter that states how many times the text is found.

Many pdf readers have a text based search function that works similar to the Control F search window mentioned above.  Search is normally identified with a magnifying lens, or spy glass, icon.

Edited by Jim Fogle
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...
10 minutes ago, brandon said:

Hi is the link  to the download the one at the beginning of this thread as that says posted in 2019?

The title says [Updated 4-Jan-2022]  so that should give you an idea!