Reference Guide PDF now available [Updated 4-Jan-2022]

On 4/20/2019 at 10:22 AM, InstrEd said:

The Cakewalk PDF document is more important to read, not the 400 page report. You're get way more out of it :)

Just read the summary, it has all the important stuff!   (How long before these posts are deleted?) 😮

No, I HAVEN'T read the whole manual yet 🤓 , EXCELLENT job @Morten Saether; but when I was looking for info on compatibility of CbB/Sonar with new Motu hardware and the Presonus FaderPort 16,

I did a search on the manual -  if you do a search on "Mackie" (as in, Mackie Control) all you get is a few things about Otto.  If there is an addendum plan, that info might be handy... Steve

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 4/5/2019 at 12:45 PM, Toddskins said:

Quick glance at it: Almost 2200 pages

Very cool to have put this great guide together for us Cakewalk loyalists.

I notice there's only 1724 pages on the .pdf I downloaded....did I miss something?

Thanks for any clarification.....have a great day.

On 8/14/2019 at 2:46 PM, chulaivet1966 said:

Very cool to have put this great guide together for us Cakewalk loyalists.

I notice there's only 1724 pages on the .pdf I downloaded....did I miss something?

Thanks for any clarification.....have a great day.

The version I downloaded 7-12-2019 (25.05.00) was 2188 pages.  The one there now 25.07.00 version is  was 1724 pages.

It looks like the manual was revised. Also, it looks like 25.07.00 has larger pages and more content per page.

Update: 2019-10-03. Version 25.09.00 has been posted and is 1712 pages. 

Update: 2020-11-24: I no longer compare the size/content of the reference guides; someone else can do it if they want.

Edited by User 905133
edits; To post the page count for Version 25.09.00 - just in case some sees this post and wonders about the page count.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Is the initial link in this forum always the most recent updated one?         I am assuming it is, but then, assumptions tend to get me in trouble.  Thank you if this is too obvious.  I love this daw and try my best to keep everything up to date.  When I am convincing others about switching, it is always convenient to have the latest tutorials.

2 hours ago, studioguy1 said:

Is the initial link in this forum always the most recent updated one?         I am assuming it is, but then, assumptions tend to get me in trouble.  Thank you if this is too obvious.  I love this daw and try my best to keep everything up to date.  When I am convincing others about switching, it is always convenient to have the latest tutorials.

The very first entry in the PDF is "New Features" and it takes you do a chronological list of enhancements in each version. It contains up to 2019.09 so far.

TLDR: Yes

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

As of this date (Jan. 06, 2020) the Reference Guide remains at version 25.09.00.  Since 25.09.00 was released Cakewalk by BandLab received two updates with many, many product changes.

Will there be an announcement when the Reference Guide is updated to once again align with the product?

• Like 2

• 5 weeks later...
  • Morten Saether changed the title to Reference Guide PDF now available [Updated 4-Jan-2022]