Addictive Drums 2 Template (w/Track Temp + Drum Map)

Included are several guides on working with AD2 in Cakewalk, as well as a few "Advanced Drum Editing" guides made by members of the CW team published during the SONAR era (Still relevant for current Cakewalk release as of mid 2021)

Addictive Drums 2 (Project Temp +Track Temp +Drum Map)

separate-outputs.pdf Cakewalk - Setting up a Drum Map for Addictive Drums 2 in Cakewalk.pdf

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

thanks! a lot of good information there! one quick note on sources - i find that when i need a quick and dirty "human performance" on drums, i record a few tracks with me just tapping on my laptop to perform bass drum, snare, hi-hat, percussion beats (one per track as the "notes" on the laptop case are pretty monotone) then use Melodyne (or could be any audio to midi convert) to generate a single note MIDI sequence, copy + paste + drag MIDI to appropriate drum(s) on my AD2 midi track, or just use the drum replacer.

fast and very human way to get drums going without using anything extra like my bongos or djembe.

• Like 1

@Glenn Stanton yes I am known to turn less than good drum performances and recordings into midi then played through AD2.  I also use the Addictive Trigger to replace badly tuned snares or as you have mentioned, recording myself banging on something to trigger or convert into midi.  I find Tupperware to be of great use as it reacts dynamically, giving me the velocity values I want so that the drum samples trigger accordingly.   The included MIDI packs of AD2 are also very useful in production.

It's also worth noting that you can place an ADTrigger on the AD2 snare/kick/tom outputs and utilize all of the included kit pieces that exclusive only to ADT.

1 hour ago, Glenn Stanton said:

coolio - i like the idea of the tupperware to introduce velocity 🙂

I probably shouldn't say Tupperware because Tupperware is actually pretty thick and well made plastics (my mother still uses her 40 yr old sets lol)  I just generalize all plastic food storage containers as being "Tupperware", but what Im actually referring too are those disposable kinds made by Glaad.  They are flexible and have a bounce back response similar to a drum head and you can cut access holes for triggers or a microphone to place inside, if you're into that sorta thing. 

Actual Tupperware will sound like tapping on Teflon(?) marching snare heads and will not respond dynamically....and baby boom mothers across the world will be offended by you destroying good Tupperware 😃

• Like 1