InstaChord Mega Pack

cclarry

very non intuitive operation , got it last sale never used it once ...strange way to handle chord .... almost unusable with a 32 key or 25 key keyboard .... you'll have to edit ....manually not play real time

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Michael check this out

You select a chord preset 

you have 4 zones (from left to right ) 

3 are actually populated , zone 2 is unused so i moved its zone all the way right , ain't gonna be used

Zone 1 aka Chords A alows you to actually selected a chord (a chord preset is actually a set of chord !!) 

Zone 2  aka Picks A let's you play individual note of those chord , you can play note by note (good for melodies while being ion scale ) or simeply replay a chord withing the chords set  (if you have for exemple a 1/3/5 chord you can play 1/5 or 3/5 without having to mess around) 

Zone 3 aka Picks B is the strums !!!

instachord.jpg

Edited by Zo
  • Like 2

I had figured out how to use it when I got it.  And that's why I called it unusable!    What a nightmare of a workflow.  Your diagram shows how crazy it is to use!

And I see that you are using it with Ample Sound's ES-335 which already gives you the ability to create sophisticated chord patterns with precise strumming patterns.   

But hey, it seems like you're having fun with InstaChord and getting something out of it.  I guess that's what matters most!

• Sad 1

On 4/26/2021 at 12:34 PM, Michael A.D. said:

I had figured out how to use it when I got it.  And that's why I called it unusable!    What a nightmare of a workflow.  Your diagram shows how crazy it is to use!

And I see that you are using it with Ample Sound's ES-335 which already gives you the ability to create sophisticated chord patterns with precise strumming patterns.   

But hey, it seems like you're having fun with InstaChord and getting something out of it.  I guess that's what matters most!

Actually got to disagree with you here. Once I figured out how to use it, it is not really that difficult at all. I wouldn't use it for live performances but once it is set up (and it is not rocket science to set up) it is very easy to drive with a midi track. I am well versed in music theory but I could still see myself using it on tracks.

• Like 1