BFD 3 and Expansions now available at EveryPlugin!

cclarry

just a warning after reading a post on the BFD forums

it seems that the licence keys that are being sold by 3rd parties (plugin boutique for example) are for the FXpansion version of BFD and won't authenticate in the new inmusic licence manager.

this means if you've already done the migration and then bought an expansion with an FXP serial you are going to have to jump through some hoops to get it working in the latest BFD and you know how speedy BFD support are....(they're not !)

you might wanna check with Koby before you buy

just sayin'. 

Edited by simon
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, cclarry said:

Since BFD is "new" to EveryPlugin, I would think that these would be through
InMedia, and not Fxpansion, but I can't swear to that, but it would only be 
logical

somebody on the BFD forum had just bought one from the PB sale and got an FXpansion licence....worth checking with Koby first, and I'm sure he'll make it right whatever happens.  

If you look at the inmusic serials they have a slightly different format from the FXpansion ones.  The migration is a one-time only process so once you've moved you can't remigrate 'new' licences.  

Originally Posted by Amberience [Drew]

Hey all,
I'm sure there will be an official communication at some point, but a few bulletpoints:

We've hit some technical snags on getting everyone the Eldorado and London Sessions packs. But it will definitely happen. We're also going to make it so that migrations moving forward will get those packs automatically - watch this space.

Same as above, but with the Zildjian Digital Vaults. Vol 1 pack to replace the SP1/SP2/ZP1 packs.

There is a BFD 3.4.1.x build in progress that will address:

Sluggishness on start-up.

Expansion packs not being available when offline

License Manager failing to connect to the internet sometimes

Migration of user-files being broken, not copying all files, and being executed even on clean systems without prior installations.

Just wanted to give everyone an update.

• Like 1