Sonible Smart EQ3+

cclarry

• 1 month later...
On 5/25/2021 at 6:45 AM, Pollux said:

What I noticed is that Smart EQ 3 produces different results than Smart EQ 2 using the same profile and audio source (a simple sampled kick drum for example). I found Smart EQ 2 to produce more pleasant results. I reported this and am waiting to know if it's a bug or a feature :D

I would agree: Smart EQ 2 did give SUBSTANTIALLY better results. I'm curious how it all changed so drastically.

Also: Have you had any issues creating the SEQ3 mix groups? For some reason, my copy won't make them. I'm working with Sonible on it, but was curious if anyone else was having problems with this.

19 hours ago, Moving Air Productions said:

I would agree: Smart EQ 2 did give SUBSTANTIALLY better results. I'm curious how it all changed so drastically.

Also: Have you had any issues creating the SEQ3 mix groups? For some reason, my copy won't make them. I'm working with Sonible on it, but was curious if anyone else was having problems with this.

I had no issues when creating the mixgoups, but I had a display bug where the frequencies were not being showed. I reported it (and also the difference in results).
The display issue was fixed in the first patch

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/30/2021 at 9:29 AM, Moving Air Productions said:

Also, I'm noticing that when I put SmartEQ 3 on a channel, it does not appear in the recently added plugin list when I go to add another channel. This is the only plugin I've ever used that does this. It's like Cakewalk isn't acknowledging that the plugin even exists. Has anyone else run into that?

I have the same issue with SEQ 3. I've been chatting with Sonible for a while, as they have a few issues. For example, I keep my studio computer off-line, so I don't need to worry about anti-virus software, etc. That disables mix groups for me, even though it shouldn't.  They say you don't need to be online for it to work, but that isn't the case (with my Cakewalk, anyway.) They admit they haven't been testing with Cakewalk, so they were unaware of how things were working. But I did tell them about it not showing up in the 'recently used' apps.

has anyone else here transitioned from Smart EQ 2 to Smart EQ 3? While there are things about 3 that are great (like the dynamic equalization), I don't think the automated EQs are as good as they were in 2. I think 2 came up with more usable plots. Am I the only one who thinks that?

I had just gotten 2 then upgraded to 3 and so haven’t used either enough to compare them, but i find vst 2 works better. I was getting blank gui with vst3. Im on cake 2021.04 and can use the mix groups fine offline. It does show up in my recently used fx.