Load Control Bar Layout From Workspace?

Starship Krupa

Question

I'm taking another crack at creating custom workspaces for my 15" screen'd laptop and running into a problem.

Specifically, my understanding of the Workspace Manager is/was that the left column is for selecting which program elements you wish to have available in the workspace. The right "Load from Workspace" column is for selecting which options will override ones default settings. If it's not checked in the left "Show in GUI" column, it won't be available, if it's not checked in the right column, it won't override the settings.

However, what is happening is when I uncheck Control Bar Layout in the right hand pane, the Control Bar disappears and I can't bring it back using "C" or via the Views menu.

The other options in "Load From Workspace" don't have similar results; if I uncheck Track Control Manager, the Track Control Manager is still available in the pull-down menu above the track headers.

Is this the way it's supposed to work? I expect it to leave my standard Control Bar layout alone (if unchecked) or override it (if checked).

2 answers to this question

3 hours ago, Starship Krupa said:

Is this the way it's supposed to work? I expect it to leave my standard Control Bar layout alone (if unchecked) or override it (if checked).

That's how it works here. (I am on ER 2021.4 Build 125)

As a test, I created a Workspace with Control Bar Layout unchecked in the right hand pane.   When I load that test Workspace, the Control Bar stay put and does not change its layout.

I do use Workspaces with custom Control Bar Layouts, so I would know if the test Workspace made a change to the Control Bar Layout.

Are you on the latest public build of CbB?  (2021.1 Build 98)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Promidi said:

Are you on the latest public build of CbB?  (2021.1 Build 98)

I'm on EAP (Build 125), just like you. This is weird with a beard. There must be some condition or other that I've set that's triggering this. It's this way on both of my systems, so it has to be one of my settings.

Thanks for checking it out.