Mackie MCU Pro - Master Fader Question

spiffo

So I had this issue where all of a sudden I was only hearing the Right Channel through my Monitors.

After about half an hour of banging my head off the desk I finally realised what had happened. At some point I had accidently dragged the Master Fader on my Mackie MCU Pro down to infinity.

After digging around in the settings I finally found that the Master Fader was linked to Channel 1 only on my Focusrite Scarlett 18i20, please see the Screenshot Attachment!

So it looks like I can only assign it to one Channel at a time? I can't link it to Channels 1+2 for instance to control the Master Stereo Bus, is that right, is there something I am missing?

MCU Screenshot.png

Keep in mind that the MC has a bus section.  That is why you have a Master Fader dialog in the software. On a real Mackie Control a button can switch between the track section and the bus section.  This allows all the buses to be used from the MC. You may want to set your master fader to the output bus. It can be linked left and right. This should control the Master output section on your system. 

My Mackie Control is setup with it's 9th fader set to the master output section of Cakewalk. This is the one that in CbB controls my hardware out. 

Normally the master fader should be set to whatever your Master Bus is, e.g.:

image.png.7a05bf987e29e57c6a58cb489d4700f7.png

This will control both L&R of a stereo bus.

If it's set to Master, however, it'll control a master output - which is normally the Left output of your audio interface.

This should give you a better idea of what this control is setting the MCU master fader to:

image.thumb.png.b4a17392e9835b46a52be2fb76a62578.png

• Like 1