Switching articulations by clicking

Ondrej Ciz

Hi,

I am currently trying to build articulation maps for my orchestral template and there is one issue that I cannot figure out.

When I create articulation maps for instruments that only use keyswitching on one Midi channel, I am able to click the desired articulation in Piano Roll View and instantly change the articulation, so I can play and listen to it, before I actually start recording. The problem is that when I want to do this with multitimbral instruments (Play, Kontakt...), that have different articulations assigned to different Midi channels, changing the articulation by clicking it is not working.

The articulation change is happening correctly when I record some notes, assign articulations to them and hit the Play button, but I would like to have the possibility of previewing the articulation before I start recording. 

The attached screenshots are an example of how I set up my articulations for Cymbals in EW Play using 2 Midi channels: 

Play.jpg

Art.jpg

1 hour ago, Ondrej Ciz said:

Hi,

I am currently trying to build articulation maps for my orchestral template and there is one issue that I cannot figure out.

When I create articulation maps for instruments that only use keyswitching on one Midi channel, I am able to click the desired articulation in Piano Roll View and instantly change the articulation, so I can play and listen to it, before I actually start recording. The problem is that when I want to do this with multitimbral instruments (Play, Kontakt...), that have different articulations assigned to different Midi channels, changing the articulation by clicking it is not working.

The articulation change is happening correctly when I record some notes, assign articulations to them and hit the Play button, but I would like to have the possibility of previewing the articulation before I start recording. 

The attached screenshots are an example of how I set up my articulations for Cymbals in EW Play using 2 Midi channels: 

Only triggered events are sent out by clicking on them. Transforms are not, because there is nothing to "send out" - they transform MIDI data being played by the track  before it reaches the VSTi.

According to the Hollywood Orchestral Percussion manual, it does actually support key switches, so I recommend you consider using them instead.

1 minute ago, msmcleod said:

Only triggered events are sent out by clicking on them. Transforms are not, because there is nothing to "send out" - they transform MIDI data being played by the track  before it reaches the VSTi.

According to the Hollywood Orchestral Percussion manual, it does actually support key switches, so I recommend you consider using them instead.

I see. Thanks for the explanation. I could perhaps try some workarounds using Midi controlling plugins inserted before the instrument.

7 hours ago, Milton Sica said:

Eu só posso excluir efeitos de uma faixa um por um. Como excluir todos os efeitos de uma faixa sem ter que fazer tudo de uma vez?

Chan eil a ’cheist seo co-cheangailte ris a’ chuspair tùsail. Feuch an cuir thu a ’cheist sa chuspair aige fhèin agus sa Bheurla.

23 hours ago, Ondrej Ciz said:

I see. Thanks for the explanation. I could perhaps try some workarounds using Midi controlling plugins inserted before the instrument.

Ok, I was able to achieve what I wanted by inserting the MidiKeySwitcher plugin in front of the instrument.

https://plugins4free.com/plugin/2335/

However, I am puzzled by some inconsistency in behavior on different tracks. On some tracks the change of articulation happens simply by picking the articulation from the list, while on some other tracks you need to pick it from the list and then click it in articulation lane to become active. Even when I duplicate the track where switching is happening by picking from the list and use the same articulation map it does not work on the duplicated track. Since the track uses the same VST settings and articulation map I really don't understand the difference in behavior.

Update: I found out that switching by picking from the list is working when you duplicate the whole track including Events. This however creates 2 articulation lanes, one from the old duplicated track and a new one for the new instrument. The old articulation lane needs to be present or the picking from the list is not working. Also you can't delete the clips from duplicated track because it causes the old articulation lane to disappear. 

Edited by Ondrej Ciz
Update