Tracktion Hyperion Synth Flash Sale

cclarry

48 minutes ago, InstrEd said:

Would you spend the $99 on this or Pigment 3?

The preset walkthroughs sound really good for this synth. Depends what you are after but I personally really liked Pigment 2 and with the update I’m really liking Pigment 3.  Tons of sounds plus engines (granular, etc) are great for sound design. 

I may pickup Hyperion at some point also but right now pigments is keeping me busy.

I think the Tracktion synth to wait for is the upcoming F'em synth. Now that should be interesting! I'm all for supporting the nice devs at Tracktion, and have quite a few of their products.

But, for the money now ($99), I'd go with Pigments. I picked up Pigments 2 last year on sale, and just got v3 for free! Absolutely awesome, and a major synth that covers most synth engine types.

I tried the Hyperion demo and it's a great sounding synth, but nothing at all like Pigments.

And I think there are probably better options for modular, like Voltage Modular from Cherry Audio. Try the free Voltage Modular Nucleus edition. It comes with the essential modules, and the add-ons are budget friendly! But be careful with that. I was quickly lured into purchasing the Core edition, and then a few more voice modules for the SEM (Oberheim), ARP 2500 & 2600, DCO-60 (Roland), Polymode (Moog)...

Edited by abacab
  • Thanks 1

I brought Pigment 3 last night.  Figured it is more up my alley to play with.  Of course I will have to buy the Stranger Synths sound pack too for the small price. My daughters are "dad that show is just so '80's :D"    Yes it is!  Anyway it looks like it will be a fun toy to play with.  My wife plays games on her phone and I play with synths!

• Like 2
  • Great Idea 1