back to cakewalk after (looks at watch) 20 years?

Mike Ve

On 4/5/2019 at 8:19 AM, Mike Ve said:

I'll assume the end game is to go back to something paid

Nope. At least BandLab's stated intentions are to keep Cakewalk as free as their web, iOS, and Android DAW's.

They are a much larger company with many irons in multiple fires. Cakewalk is a small part of the portfolio.

On 4/11/2019 at 10:23 AM, Starship Krupa said:

Nope. At least BandLab's stated intentions are to keep Cakewalk as free as their web, iOS, and Android DAW's.

They are a much larger company with many irons in multiple fires. Cakewalk is a small part of the portfolio.

I think the CbB DAW will stay free too. Hopefully Meng and company will start to sell RapturePro and prochannel modules again :)

• Like 1
  • Great Idea 1

15 hours ago, InstrEd said:

Hopefully Meng and company will start to sell RapturePro and prochannel modules again

That would be nice. Heck, if they want to start giving them away with Cakewalk, I won't complain either. I love my ProChannel, and the more modules the merrier.

I managed to snag Rapture Session through a quirk of having obtained CA-2A years ago which somehow allowed me to get Home Studio, which comes with some jolly little DX plug-ins and also....Rapture Session, which is really, really nice.

Rapture Session would be a good thing to include with CbB, as a matter of fact, if Rapture Pro turns out to be something BL wants to sell separately. It's a great teaser for the full product and useful all by itself.

46 minutes ago, Starship Krupa said:

Rapture Session would be a good thing to include with CbB, as a matter of fact, if Rapture Pro turns out to be something BL wants to sell separately. It's a great teaser for the full product and useful all by itself.

Rapture Session also makes a great all-in-one browser for all of your Dimension Pro and Rapture classic sounds if you have them installed already. It imports those libraries at install time if it finds them. :D

18 minutes ago, Starship Krupa said:

I understand that those sounds are installed with the demo of Sonar Platinum and in some cases may even be left behind when the demo is uninstalled.

I had not heard that before. I suppose it is possible, but I can neither confirm (or deny).  Might be worth a look! ;)

I have had Dimension Pro since it was bundled with Sonar 8 Producer (through Splat), and Rapture since it was bundled with Sonar X2 Producer (through Splat). They are great sounding, mostly underrated synths! The free expansion packs are definitely not to be missed. They really highlight  the sound design potential of this pair.

I prefer using the Session to browse presets, and only opening the native plugin if I want to edit the sound.

Rapture Pro was an effort to combine the best of these two legacy  synths. Never got on board with Rapture Pro before the shutdown, but I would probably support that if it ever becomes available again!

Edited by abacab

2 minutes ago, abacab said:

Might be worth a look!

There could be various bits installed here and there to reward the inspections of those interested in taking a look at their computers' file structure after installation of the demos. For informational purposes, of course, and surely not to step outside the licenses to which I have a right, Home Studio, CbB, and whatever the SPlat demo license grants.

I did find out that it's not the best thing to let the Rapture Pro sounds and the Session sounds get too cozy. They'll get weird, and not in a good way. Rapture is much happier with the duplicates winnowed out of the Pro collection.