Current status with melodyne?

Keni

Recently there was much discussion regarding the latest melodyne update and problems in CbB.

i was wondering where this is right now. All apoears well with my cake version of essentials and i just bought the upgrade to assistant while on sale. I want editor but i won't have the difference for another few days and figured assistant would still get me closer. With luck i will be able to upgrade that to editor before the sale ends.

...but i have not yet downloaded or installed as i read too many posts regarding problems with the latest and CbB.

anyone have any updated info?

thanks!

13 minutes ago, scook said:

Celemony has not updated Melodyne since the initial release of 4.2.

Thanks scook...

Yes, I know but I had not upgraded to 4.2 unless the essentials version did so. I'm headed for editor, but as I have trouble getting money on my prepaid card as quickly as I might want, I decided to buy the assistant upgrade now and hopefully the upgrade to editor within the next few days.

When 4.2 was first released, there were many posts regarding issues. Some were regarding the settings for drag pitch to midi and I don't remember if/what else.

As I am hoping/planning to buy the editor upgrade within days, I'm holding off on the install and thought it a good idea to know the current status of compatibility between programs.

I'm also a bit unsure of how things proceed after I install either update re: CbB updates afterwards. Do I (can I) avoid downloading melodyne essential updates included with CbB?

Thanks again! You're the best!

The plug-in works but there are still issues with algorithm detection, tempo detection and audio to midi not being smooth as previous releases.

The Melodyne Studio trial (CbB does  not include Melodyne Essentials) is not part of a CbB install or upgrade. It is a separate install on the  add-on menu.

Upgrade order does not matter.

1 minute ago, scook said:

The plug-in works but there are still issues with algorithm detection, tempo detection and audio to midi not being smooth as previous releases.

The Melodyne Studio trial (CbB does  not include Melodyne Essentials) is not part of a CbB install or upgrade. It is a separate install on the  add-on menu.

Upgrade order does not matter.

Ahhh...

That's what I was remembering. Thanks for the confirmation. I remembered seeing essentials somewhere in the CbB update process. So all I need do is ignore it once I upgrade to one of the paid versions and always follow the update notices only from melodyne?

That sounds simple enough...

Will this result in two separate installs or will the paid overwrite the bundled?

Here's hoping the current issues are resolved soon as well as updating CbB to ARA2?

There is only set of Melodyne files on the PC. The license you add determines whether it is Essential, Assistant, Editor or Studio. Once installed, you will get the updates directly your Celemony account. CbB will not attempt to install Melodyne unless it is selected on the Add-on menu and then it will only happen once for the initial install.

Thanks Guys!

Excellent news. The way I would hope it to be.

Now hoping for getting more cash on my card in time for the editor upgrade special. I've been using V-Vocal most often as essentials is lacking in features I need/use regularly. I believe assistant brings those tools so I will be able to switch (with a bit of learning curve. I'm fast with V-Vocal) and I continue to dream of polyphonic editing with editor!

1 minute ago, scook said:

The better polyphonic algorithm is in Editor and Studio.  May want to skip Assistant and save up for Editor. Check out the Melodyne feature matrix.

+1 for Editor - this is what I use. 

I've got a kids 1/2 size electric guitar I use on the move. The intonation is not great, but it's fine for getting ideas down and is highly portable. 

Melodyne does a fantastic job of sorting out the tuning.

4 minutes ago, scook said:

The better polyphonic algorithm is in Editor and Studio.  May want to skip Assistant and save up for Editor. Check out the Melodyne feature matrix.

Thanks.

I'll look now for sure. I thought assistant had complete feature set for monophonic editing, but editor up for polyphonic. I guess I read the table wrong last time i looked.

I'm planning on editor but i need a ride to town to put more cash on my prepaid card. I decided to buy assistant as it's a step in the right direction and reduces the next upgrade fee whether while the sale is on or after.

I'm off to re-read the comparison list in you link.

thanks for the heads up!

Editor is the full single track version. I grabbed the Editor upgrade when registering Essential back in the X3 release. Subsequently Celemony made a good offer on Studio when 4 was released. Studio adds multi-track and sound design stuff but for V-Vocal replacement Editor is what you want.