Vertigo Sound VSE-2 Gyrator EQ sale

Hidden Symmetry

What is a GYRATOR?

Originally proposed in 1948, a gyrator is a type of electronic network that can be used at the heart of equaliser designs as an alternative to its even older inductor predecessor. Although inductors are still popular with some designers looking for a vintage sound, they have inherent issues like ringing and odd harmonics. On the other hand, gyrators can work better than the ‘real thing’ and give the designer more freedom, a factor put to work in the VSE-2 to create, among other things, a tube-like distortion spectrum.
VSE-2Unique Features

Discrete Gyrator EQ based Hardware emulation
    Tube like Distortion Spectrum up to 1% THD
    Smooth and Punchy Vintage Console EQ Sound
    Unique A.I.R Mode (Enhancement of the auditory threshold)
    18 selectable frequencies
    Hi Pass Filter 10Hz-400Hz
    Cut & Boost steps +-: 1dB, 2dB, 3,5dB, 5,5dB, 8dB with proportional Q

Frequency bands can be switched indepently to "Broad" (Low Q)
    Additional Input and Output Trims to Avoid Internal Clipping Issues in your DAW.
    All levels can be set directly at the VSE-2 EQ stage.
    Harmonic Control with Drive LED

NOW ! 99 Euro approx. 112 USD

https://www.vertigosound.com/products/vse-2-plugin

25 minutes ago, Zo said:

Still a lot for a simple but great sounding eq like that , wha can it do better than a Pro Q or Air Eq ?

Well, I am thinking that the design of it makes it different in that the way it creates filters don't produce any of the "unwanted characteristics" of regular EQ's. However, they do mention 'Vintage" and "Tube" sounds, which to me spells "unwanted characteristics" of regular EQ's! So I am not so sure. Curious certainly, but not at that price.

There is a 14 day demo. May try it out.

Ok grem don t try it !!! Stay away ...

fyuuuk i literraly tried every eq , and you know i have a lot , on my 808 beat , the one on my arturia video , boosted 2 db at 240 , cut one db at 315 , 2 db boost air , increased the input lowered the output to drive the harmonics : wtf , none of my eq is able to give that ptone , precision , Def ect .... it like listening to waky phased stuff and all of sudden , all linear phase with the eq ... the bx 2098 was great also but not at all the same depth ...

7 hours ago, Zo said:

Still a lot for a simple but great sounding eq like that , wha can it do better than a Pro Q or Air Eq ?

Tim Petherick's for N4 for one, I demoed both few years ago & bought Tim's. Can't remember the differences but I know price was a factor, Tims was £25.00. Tight low end & sheen. It doesn't remind me of either Air or ProQ.

1 hour ago, Hidden Symmetry said:

Tim Petherick's for N4 for one, I demoed both few years ago & bought Tim's. Can't remember the differences but I know price was a factor, Tims was £25.00. Tight low end & sheen. It doesn't remind me of either Air or ProQ.

N4 : no go here for now , the cpu hit of acustica make me choose their product based on how much i might need instances in a typical session .... i will reconsider when i get me a 6 core comp for both laptop and desktop 

Still testing , this EQ is just superb :!! i had my eye on the comp but this eq is really somthing on its own ...

43 minutes ago, Hidden Symmetry said:

I can understand that, a few other things with Acustica's technology besides the cpu hit.

I'm also really like Vertigo's VSC-3 the more I use it. I'll be picking that up at some point for sure.

Yep in facts cheap stuff , ain't that good for methodolgy sometimes , too many times we buy stuff based on their cheapness or deal we have , if everything was at 150 $ and up i can assure you that we would be really more peaky and we be choosing our stuff way more carefully .... there's a lot of stuff i would n't have bougth if i had  Arousor and VSC 3 since a long time ...

• Like 1

I agree, inexpensive doesn't always mean a good buy & vice versa. I'd rather invest in a great plugin I'll use rather than ones that will end up being used only once then forgotten about only because they're a good deal. I learned that lesson a few years ago when my plugin count reached well over 2500!.
Add up those seemingly great deals & you'll find you could buy the ones you really wanted instead.

I've been removing many plugins off my system altogether. I typically use use the same basic type eq's & comps, if they don't get me where I need to be it's usually a problem in the audio track itself. My projects in Cake starting around 2000 were made using 16b 44k, many of the internet collaborated files made back then by others were 192 mp3s! Also learning along the way my files were not always recorded properly as well. Nothing out there will help some of those poor quality files!

Now it's demo & buy only what I'll really use in the next coming years. If one higher priced plugin replaces 5 others I already may have that fall short then to me that's the better deal in the long run.

10 hours ago, Hidden Symmetry said:

@Zo I see you made this video for both of these-

Thks believe or not , i forgot to post on my fav forum spot ...sorry and thanks to you  ;)