VICTIM (look within) rough mix

Paul Bush

Hi Paul . . . had a few listens through your first mix here, really like the song and the integrity of it here. I hear some timing issues between the instruments at the beginning  and also about  3/4 of the way through the song. The lead vocals and background vocals are excellent, and recorded with a lot of honest feeling, that drives the song. I would also say that for the background vocals, you've really added something very special and unpredictable to this one.

Not sure how you recorded this, so the timing issues are hard to pinpoint, but I think it's the piano out of time near the start ? . . . and 3/4 of the way through, the drums get out of time ? Anyways . . . just trying to help, and look forward to any future versions of this one posted here.

Ha ! you are a brave one with your reality picture  online, very cool.

• Like 2

Hi Noynekker , youre spot on with those timing issues , I couldnt for the life of me pinpoint them myself although I used the same 4/4 ezdrum patterns ??? as the rest of the song , so Ive changed the piano-guitar  parts and i think it sounds better , I was trying to add some dynamics to the build up with keys , it  just didnt work,  basically because I´m not a pianist , so thanks once again for your honest input , its always welcome, and as for the photo...... It was just one that was left over from EU ID card  , I do however have another one where I´m donning a pair of leopard motive jockey ........ , maybe i´ll ................probally not  cheers

• Like 2

vocal are great, great bgv's. The drums are your biggest challenge here I think.  I think they need to be bigger, closer, less reverbed away.  Bass guitar can hardly be heard. These are things you will likely polish up and I think you definitely should, very good song, and as I started with, great vocal!!!

cheers,

-Tom

• Like 1

On 4/24/2021 at 10:03 AM, garybrun said:

Noynekker covered what I would recognise.
Nice vocal and backing vocals.

This is going to be goodun!

Hi Gary , thanks for the nice comments , It started out as a  bit of ``cliche´´  three chord thing , as soon as the oohs popped up it changed the structure a tad and made it more slightly more intresting , that said nothing wrong with musical cliche`s  all my songs are based on them cheers

• Like 1

On 4/27/2021 at 5:05 PM, Wookiee said:

This has potential and once you have added the final polish I am sure it will work, I will wait for that final mix before making further comment.

Thanks for taking the time to comment Wookie , I´ve re recorded the bass and the keys , I´m off for a lay down and I´ll do a new mix cheers

• Like 1