Waveform outlines serve no practical purpose!

Bill Ruys

...but gosh darn, don't they look good!  This is the sort of thing that really makes the UI feel polished to me.  Nice that they are optional for the purists who scoff at such things.  I'm easily bought by a bit of eye candy.  Yup, call me shallow, but I'm digging it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I don't like it.

I found this thread searching for how the heck I could turn off these weird neon things that ate all my waveforms. (Solved -- thanks, guys.) I totally understand if some folks dig it, but Noel, if possible, please keep this as an option that can be turned off. Arrrrrgh! It burns me eyes!

I am still waiting for the day Cakewalk implements a way to color the background color like you have here.   Did you do this in Theme Editor?   

I would like to have the clip backgrounds follow the bus and my audio all be black like yours.   

On 4/22/2021 at 11:15 PM, Colin Nicholls said:

I like them too.

I did notice that for some themes that use colored clip backgrounds and black waveform colors, the outlining is not visible. Which is fine.

image.png.350c71df4e9d86079120c988daee922c.png

• Like 1

That's one thing that needs fixin'. You can change them in the Inspector by deselecting the default "Use Track Colors". BUT....

It's a pain changing them back everytime you bounce 'em.

Edited by sjoens

On 7/25/2021 at 3:44 AM, ADUS said:

Did you do this in Theme Editor?   

I would like to have the clip backgrounds follow the bus and my audio all be black like yours

1. Yes

2. Unfortunately, not possible. Setting a color for a bus will affect the foreground color only, and the track will also use the bus's foreground color as the waveform.

They do look effn' cool, and that's a good thing for when someone's looking over your shoulder and wondering what that intriguing DAW is.

Not surprising for someone as into CbB theming as I am, I'm really into how visuals can be inspiring, and this does it.

For anyone wondering how to set their colors up, drop into the UI Themes subforum and see what we've worked out with Custom Color sets. Custom Colors is the only way to change the vertical lines in Track View, so it's important and powerful. The standard lines are too faint for my taste.