Best way to insert blank bars at beginning

NOLAGuy

Question

6 answers to this question

Colin Nicholls...

Thanks for the suggestion, but I can't get that to work, so I must be missing something.

I set the cursor to the "Move" icon;

Enable Ripple Edit All using the Track-Options menu pulldown;

Grab the left-most part of the first track and move it to the selected bar.

Only the first track is showing being moved, all other tracks show no move.

I opened the CW documentation which didn't add any additional guidance, basically what you said to do.

I tried doing the above with Ripple Edit Selection too, no difference.

UPDATE: All tracks moved correctly after I selected all the tracks!

So with no tracks selected only the track in focus moved, but by selecting all the tracks they correctly all showed a move of two bars. Not sure if it's supposed to work that way, but I easily changed all tracks.

Edited by Charles Czerny
I made a change and it worked.

I want to ask @Colin Nicholls because my suggestion is to hit RTZ and go up to Project/Insert Time/Measures and make sure all of the boxes for what to "slide" are checked. I just enter the number of measures I want and everything scoots right over.

Is the result or possible result any different from turning on Ripple Edit and then dragging everything? I prefer Insert Time/Measures because with dragging, I have to make sure that everything is selected (something that the OP ran afoul of), and then I have to remember that Ripple Edit is on. Which, even with the indicator....😏.

It slides markers, tempo changes, key changes, arranger sections....

• Like 3

@Starship Krupa, @NOLAGuy

alright alright alright

I confess I also usually use Project > Time/ Measures also. However ripple edit works for me. I don't recall setting any specific options to ensure that Time Signatures, Markers, Arranger sections, Tempo changes also move with the clips.

I don't need to select all in order for it to work. If I start with Track 2 selected, when I grab that clip in track 1, the selection highlight moves to Track 1 - and all tracks' clips are moved.

Here:

CW_RE_InsertMeasures.gif

• Like 2