Morten Saether

[CLOSED] Cakewalk 2021.04 Early Access 2

I downloaded the Early Access Update 2 and did not like one particular feature.   On the current CbB when you to go Insert, you can find all your synths (as in the attached photo).  But in the Update 2 you can no longer do that.   For whatever reason, when you go to Insert, you don't find your synths.   It was much easier the original way.   So I reverted back to the older (current) version.   And if that is not fixed (or kept the same), I'll won't upgrade.  Keep it simple.

CbBscreenshot (2).png

Posted (edited)
29 minutes ago, greg54 said:

I downloaded the Early Access Update 2 and did not like one particular feature.   On the current CbB when you to go Insert, you can find all your synths (as in the attached photo).  But in the Update 2 you can no longer do that.   For whatever reason, when you go to Insert, you don't find your synths.   It was much easier the original way.   So I reverted back to the older (current) version.   And if that is not fixed (or kept the same), I'll won't upgrade.  Keep it simple.

Did you click on the ">" arrows to see what's in each category?  Did you hover over the categories?

Many of us like the new menu system. (I just wish the DX/VST2/VST3/32-bit colors were assignable via the theme editor like they were in EA1.)

image.thumb.png.d691a07164d516f12c9b18674d1ea6d9.png

Edited by User 905133
to add an image and an opinion about the lose of color choices
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, greg54 said:

CbBscreenshot (2).png

Sorry new system is better:

image.png.a8740aaab4632625acfe61aa03b23417.png

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Brian Walton said:

Can you still insert synths via the top menu "Insert / Soft Synths"?

I haven't tried the 2021.04 EA myself, but I think that was @greg54's problem, that he was not able to.

Edited by GreenLight

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, GreenLight said:

I haven't tried the 2021.04 EA myself, but I think that was @greg54's problem, that he was not able to.

That is what my screen shot is showing.  That is the view.  it hovers out and doesnt' look "connected" but that is it

Edited by Brian Walton
  • Like 3

Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, GreenLight said:

(1) I can. (2) That's why I asked if he tried clicking on the ">" arrows  hovering over the categories.  It might not work on his PC; if so, it sounds like a bug to me, but we don't know. Some people see difference and assume the worst.  I'm like that, but then I make a cup of tea (or coffee) and try again. 😉

Edited by User 905133
  • Like 1

I tried everything.   I clicked where the tracks are loaded, I looked and clicked everywhere.  It did not work for me.

4 minutes ago, Jonathan Sasor said:

The new plugin menus require a click on "Soft Synths..." from the Insert menu

Didn't work for me.

See in the photo where it says Soft Synth and the arrow on the right?   That did not exist with the upgrade.   There were no arrows to insert anything.

39 minutes ago, greg54 said:

CbBscreenshot (2).png

I reverted back to the current version.  But I saw absolutely nothing in Add Track.

Posted (edited)

Eu continuo com o mesmo problema. Eu só posso excluir efeitos de uma faixa por uma. Como excluir todos os efeitos de uma faixa sem ter que fazer tudo de uma vez? image.png.9eb1bd1f50b3db594a6f2b1ed9456a98.png

Edited by Milton Sica

47 minutes ago, Brian Walton said:

Agreed.

I'm playing with the new menu system now and the timing for opening submenus for me is perfect. It helps with keeping it uncluttered and thus making it navigating comfortably. 👍

• Like 1

That's great for all who love the new system.  I am only telling my experience.    If everyone can go to Insert and find all their synths there like before, that's good.  Did not work for me.

9 minutes ago, greg54 said:

That's great for all who love the new system.  I am only telling my experience.    If everyone can go to Insert and find all their synths there like before, that's good.  Did not work for me.

Do you at least see that the menu option changed from a sub-menu to a "Soft Synth..." ellipsis? Here's what we are seeing:

CW_Insert_SoftSynth.gif

• Like 1

@greg54 are you saying that if you clicked on the arrow by, let's say Bass, no instruments are listed?