[CLOSED] Cakewalk 2021.04 Early Access 2

On 4/23/2021 at 12:09 AM, Deoj Naes said:

I would love to see a pre-roll feature in the future for easier recording

What do you mean by "pre-roll?" There is a metronome setting that allows for any number of count-in measures. It's also easy to insert empty measures at the beginning of your project using Project>Insert Time/Measures.

Is there any solution for Cakewalk to start faster when disconnected from the internet?

When I use Cakewalk with the computer disconnected from the internet, it takes a long time to start the program, even appearing as "not responding" in the program manager.

And when I finish Cakewalk, it stays a long time in background programs, if I want to start it again, I have to wait for it to finish the process in the background, or end the process forcibly, so that I can be opening it again.

This happens to someone else, is there any solution to be solving this problem?

55 minutes ago, Herbert Zio said:

Is there any solution for Cakewalk to start faster when disconnected from the internet?

When I use Cakewalk with the computer disconnected from the internet, it takes a long time to start the program, even appearing as "not responding" in the program manager.

And when I finish Cakewalk, it stays a long time in background programs, if I want to start it again, I have to wait for it to finish the process in the background, or end the process forcibly, so that I can be opening it again.

I'm not seeing any difference in startup time irrespective of whether there is an internet connection.
I can disable my network adapter and start the app and it takes the same time to load.

37 minutes ago, Noel Borthwick said:

Isso não é um bug, o que você está vendo é a divisória para o painel do ônibus. Você pode arrastar isso para revelar o painel de ônibus.

I hear you! When comparing with Sonar Platinum, there was no such separation, which made me believe it was a bug.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Herbert Zio said:

I have had this problem many times and though I do not know exactly why it was happening, I can however provide a few suggestions based on actions that worked for me.  I will note that I was using Win 8.1 Pro on an AMD Quadcore 2.2ghz laptop w/8GB Ram.

-Firstly, I found that heavy use of Waves plug ins make a significant impact on project loading and I am assuming that it has to do with how Waves plugins are bundled in a shell placed in the VST program directory that then recalls the plugins stored in the x86 vst program directory.  Waves are also graphic heavy.

-That led me to updating and making changes to my GPU in how it allocates resources.  This seem to help a great deal honestly and it is always a point most audio production developers stress as an important scenario to review.

-I store the audio data for my projects on an external disk with my project files on my C drive that helps with mitigating audio data corruption and drive failure.  I didn't realize that my external drive wasn't getting defragged either enough or none at all, but once I did defrag, performance and responsiveness made a great improvement.

-I noticed that any track that was audiosnap enabled seriously slowed down the project loading and even wrecked performance with playback.  Audiosnap enabled doesn't always show up visually so you have to double check your tracks through the inspector to see.  You can also do a Ctrl+A to select all and then Alt+A to open audiosnap and see if the audiosnap is turned on, signifying that one or more of your tracks are enabled.  If you are no longer using audiosnap, TURN IT OFF lol  man what a difference that makes!!!

I applaud the BandLab project integration as i have anticipated this capability since the acquisition! 

I will bring attention to a new free plug in called Satellite that just released which allows you to insert a track as one would insert "ReWire" which opens a cloud based DAW project session that allows one to collaborate remotely in real time with anyone running the plugin.  It's pretty amazing and one of the easiest ways of transferring tracks/stems to be mixed or mastered or band members to work with.  The greatest part is that it works in any DAW that is VST compatible.  

BandLab needs to be a plug in that integrates with its online mix editor in real time for collaboration within Cakewalk or any DAW for that matter.  The way people work remotely now in this day in age, this technology fulfills a great need.  

• Like 1
  • Great Idea 1

hey, i am having an issue after installing 2021.04 early access 2. I am trying to switch between the screensets, but when i am clicking on screenset 2, 3 or anyone except 1, its not changing and is stuck in screenset 1. Is someone else having this issue??. I am attaching the screeshots of before changing the screenset, then the transition when i am clicking on screenset 3, and after clicking it

s1.png

s2.png

s3.png

Edited by In A Week

Staff view scrolling

The problem that appeared in the previous version is still present:
when using keyboard shortcuts (w or Shift-Ctrl/PgUp-PgDn) to move the position in the Staff view , the display is not correctly updated

See that when I drag the whole "bus pane" upwards, the division disappears when I collect it through the button, sure that this is not a bug?

Just an FYI: The behavior is the same in 2021.01.  I don't think its a bug, just a change from the SONAR X series. In SONAR X3 (presumably like Platinum), the cursor changed to horizonal parallel lines with and up and down arrow.  It does that in CbB, too.  There's probably a reason why CbB has the "grab bar." Some people seem to never notice cursor changes, so maybe the bar makes it easier for those people. Who knows?  

I downloaded the Early Access Update 2 and did not like one particular feature.   On the current CbB when you to go Insert, you can find all your synths (as in the attached photo).  But in the Update 2 you can no longer do that.   For whatever reason, when you go to Insert, you don't find your synths.   It was much easier the original way.   So I reverted back to the older (current) version.   And if that is not fixed (or kept the same), I'll won't upgrade.  Keep it simple.

CbBscreenshot (2).png

29 minutes ago, greg54 said:

I downloaded the Early Access Update 2 and did not like one particular feature.   On the current CbB when you to go Insert, you can find all your synths (as in the attached photo).  But in the Update 2 you can no longer do that.   For whatever reason, when you go to Insert, you don't find your synths.   It was much easier the original way.   So I reverted back to the older (current) version.   And if that is not fixed (or kept the same), I'll won't upgrade.  Keep it simple.

Did you click on the ">" arrows to see what's in each category?  Did you hover over the categories?

Many of us like the new menu system. (I just wish the DX/VST2/VST3/32-bit colors were assignable via the theme editor like they were in EA1.)

image.thumb.png.d691a07164d516f12c9b18674d1ea6d9.png

Edited by User 905133
to add an image and an opinion about the lose of color choices
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, greg54 said:

CbBscreenshot (2).png

Sorry new system is better:

image.png.a8740aaab4632625acfe61aa03b23417.png

• Like 1