Cakewalk and Xpand!2

Khalid A

Question

I recently downloaded Xpand!2 but it doesn't seem to make any sound when on Cakewalk, and its not my MIDI Keyboard since different virtual Instruments worked with sound in the same session. Xpand also worked on ableton live lite so its not the plugin. Any ideas on how to fix?

6 answers to this question

You're not alone- I have Xpand  and all of the Air products. They are top quality-- but I always have issues getting them to work. It's the buggy installer. During install did it give you options of pathways? What happens with me is it doesn't put things where you tell it too. So the sample library gets orphaned which is probably what's happening to you. 

As it is I just looked and my Samples are in an Air Music Technology  folder in Program Files (x86) a location I would never use as I don't install 32 bit software as a rule. 

The Xpand dll. is in my Steinberg VST folder under Program Files.  

I could not get it to store the library to my G drive where I normally put all libraries. 

Every time I re build my system it's only all my Air products that take way too much time to deal with. But I do use them and need them so am willing to take the abuse. 

As said above try re installing and pay close attention to all pathways. 

Edited by John Vere

IIRC the AIR installers stopped working properly after Windows 10 2004 came out.

The fix is to re-install the latest version of all of the VS redists immediately after installing any of the AIR instruments (including XPand2!).

Noel packaged up all of them into a handy installer,  which is in the topic below.  Just run this immediately after installing XPand2.

• Thanks 1