Dear VR Interactive Bundle & Unity

cclarry

VR Interactive Bundle:

Three advanced software solutions for immersive audio in one package: dearVR PRO, dearVR SPATIAL CONNECT, and dearVR UNITY.

$599

https://www.dearvr.com/products/dearvr-interactive-bundle

Unity

Create ultra-realistic acoustic environments in Unity with a true perception of direction, distance, reflections, and reverb.

$99

https://www.dearvr.com/products/dearvr-unity

I have Vr monitor.  Haven’t used it as much as I would like to this is how I use it.  With vr monitor you can check your mix to see how it sounds in a club/other environments or using different speaker configs like surround sound (5.1,7.1 etc) with headphones.  In order to check surround sound options you need to set the output config in your DAW first and VR monitor will match.  Silly me I thought, let me check surround sound with ableton but when I tried to use it in my master everything was greyed out in that section.  But when i moved to logic I realized you have to set the DAW first and then VR monitor will let you use headphones to check the mix without actually using the surround sound speakers.  Sienna for me is more about the environment to mix and VR monitor is more about how that mix translates to other environments and configurations. Yes Sienna does include some consumer speakers to see how mix translates like Sonarworks always included but it’s not how I use it. And yes VR monitor does include a control room environment plus Dolby ATMOS support.

I have sonarworks too so as others on gearspace have pointed out, for mixing they use sienna plus sonarworks in series.  Once Im all done I use vr monitor to check out different acoustics and room settings.  Maybe overkill as I then play all my music on my iPhone only hahah

• Like 1

On 4/22/2021 at 11:41 PM, cclarry said:

I'm curious about that too...I'm leaning towards Sienna before the intro deal expires...

thanx for reminding me the Sienna , looks like the best toy of that kind of processors.

Edited by alex satt
  • Like 1