Add multiple MIDI tracks at once

marcL

I have not often used the add multiple tracks functionality, but lately I wanted to test several versions of a MIDI measure to an instrument track. For me the easiest way to do that, is to add some more muted MIDI tracks to the same synth and unmute one by one to listen to the versions in conjunction with the preceding MIDI. Then suddenly I remembered this wonderful "Add Track" button (usually I use the menu "Insert ..."), but when I clicked it I was disappointed. There is no way to insert multiple MIDI tracks, only audio or instrument tracks!

So please add the choice MIDI track to the "Add Track" button with the possibility to choose the output instrument(synth).

While waiting for this feature to be added, Use Insert > Multiple Tracks from the main menu or right-click in an empty area in the track view track pane to get a context menu with an  "Insert Multiple Tracks" option

ioxU5v1.gif

or insert on track and click the duplicate track button (next to the Add Track button) as needed.

• Thanks 1

Thanks a lot scook, that works perfect! It is even possible to set the audio tracks to zero if you have already one for your instrument.

The only thing that irritates me is the label "Port:" instead of Out/Output, but that's no problem so far, you can choose the output synth.

Shame on me, I always overlooked this menu entry!

On 12/27/2018 at 5:24 PM, marled said:

I have not often used the add multiple tracks functionality, but lately I wanted to test several versions of a MIDI measure to an instrument track. For me the easiest way to do that, is to add some more muted MIDI tracks to the same synth and unmute one by one to listen to the versions in conjunction with the preceding MIDI. Then suddenly I remembered this wonderful "Add Track" button (usually I use the menu "Insert ..."), but when I clicked it I was disappointed. There is no way to insert multiple MIDI tracks, only audio or instrument tracks!

So please add the choice MIDI track to the "Add Track" button with the possibility to choose the output instrument(synth).

I waited to let someone else take this but noone do so...the answer is incomplete.

Scooks way is good.

I just want to point out that you can use add track. When opened chose instrument. In the dropdown menu at the top with name "instrument" you have "midi only" as a choice at the bottom.

• Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, Kurre said:

I waited to let someone else take this but noone do so...the answer is incomplete.

Scooks way is good.

I just want to point out that you can use add track. When opened chose instrument. In the dropdown menu at the top with name "instrument" you have "midi only" as a choice at the bottom.

Thanks Kurre, I have never noticed the "midi only" possibility at the bottom! But you are absolutely right, this provides exactly the functionality I was searching for.