New Video - "Unchained" (Rock)

Bob Oister

Wookiee:

Hey, Wook,

How are you, brother? Hope you're having a great weekend!😀

Thanks for lending your furry ears and eagle eyes to this video for me, and also for your always good input, friendship and support here on the forum!  I always look forward to your observations and comments, and I truly appreciate it!👍

Have a good one!

Bob

• Like 1

Wayne Severson:

Hey, Wayne,

Thanks, buddy, I really appreciate you checking out the video and also your encouraging comment!😀

You've got a ton of great stuff on your Youtube channel, lots of excellent musicianship and production skills!👍

Thanks again for stopping by and commenting, greatly appreciated!

Have a good one!

Bob

Joad:

Hey,

Thanks for checking out the video, buddy, I greatly appreciate you taking time to check it out and your encouraging comments!😀

While I do use a lot of Drop D on my stuff, and quite a few other strange alternate tunings, this one is actually in Drop B, which is really low and a bit touchy if you don't have the guitar setup for super low tuning.  I also use DR DDT special Drop Down Tuning Strings on a couple of my guitars because they perform a bit better on really low drop tunings, and allow you to change to different low tunings without too many intonation problems.👍

Thanks again for commenting, and have a good one!

Bob

18 hours ago, Bob Oister said:

Joad:

Hey,

Thanks for checking out the video, buddy, I greatly appreciate you taking time to check it out and your encouraging comments!😀

While I do use a lot of Drop D on my stuff, and quite a few other strange alternate tunings, this one is actually in Drop B, which is really low and a bit touchy if you don't have the guitar setup for super low tuning.  I also use DR DDT special Drop Down Tuning Strings on a couple of my guitars because they perform a bit better on really low drop tunings, and allow you to change to different low tunings without too many intonation problems.👍

Thanks again for commenting, and have a good one!

Bob

wow drop B... Sure gives the guitar a nice voice...

Joad:

Yes, Sir,  it takes a little extra effort to set up the guitar to be able to handle and stay in tune with the added amount of slack on the strings, but for certain songs, I think it's worth the effort to get the deeper, heavier dark sound for hard rock and metal.

I've set up two of my guitars specifically for really low drop and other oddball tunings. The main guitar on this song was my PRS Paul Allender Signature model show below.  I'm also lucky enough to have a Line 6 Variax modeling guitar that allows you to create and save your own custom tunings directly to the electronics in the guitar without changing the string tension, so when you're playing the feel is just like standard tuning with normal tension, because there are no actual changes to the strings. It's pretty cool.

Thanks again, buddy, have a good one!😀

Bob

PRS-Paul-Allender.jpg.dc08eee6bc6c3924b42807beb760b9e3.jpg

Cookie Jarvis:

Hey, Bill, how are you, buddy?  Hope you're having a great week!

Thanks so much for taking time to check this video out for me and also for the very kind comments!😀

I greatly appreciate your input and value your opinion highly!👍

Thanks again and have a great night!

Bob

kakku:

Hey, Kakku, how are you, my friend?  It's really great to see you made it over here to the new forum!😀

Thank you so much for checking out this new video for me, and for your very kind comments, greatly appreciated!👍

Thanks again and have a great weekend!

Bob

I had to listen to this again. I kind of hoped that it wouldn't sound as good as I remembered. But it did sound as good as I remembered. Especially the guitar lines. It inspires me to make better guitar lines. So next time when I make rocky tunes I have to listen to this tune for inspiration

On 5/5/2019 at 12:45 AM, Bob Oister said:

kakku:

Hey, Kakku, how are you, my friend?  It's really great to see you made it over here to the new forum!😀

Thank you so much for checking out this new video for me, and for your very kind comments, greatly appreciated!👍

Thanks again and have a great weekend!

Bob

Thanks, Bob

kakku:

Hey, Kakku,

Thank you so much for coming back for a second listen to this for me!😀

I truly appreciate your input and your very encouraging comments, and I'm grateful that you enjoyed the video!

Your new dance electronica post, "Edilades" was excellent, really well done, my friend!👍

Thanks again and have a great week!

Bob

Hi Bob! 

Welp, you did it again! Another heavy tune from you! Love the tone you got on your guitars. Lyrics were well crafted too. Good solo in there bro! Your videos horizons have expanded, as someone else mentioned. I really like your vocal delivery.  Great job man! 

Leadfoot:

Hey, Bob,

It's really great to see you back on the forum, buddy!😀

Thank you so much for checking out the new video for me, and for the very encouraging comments!  I really appreciate your input, observations and support on my stuff, greatly appreciated!

Excellent job on your new post, it's a real rocker and a fantastic tribute to your dad, dynamite stuff!👍

Thanks again, and have a Rockin' week!

Bob

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

michaelhanson:

Hey, Mike,

Thanks so much, buddy, I really appreciate you checking out the video for me, and your encouraging comments!😀

You, Reece, and Sean always do a fantastic job on your Scandalous Grace stuff, always great writing and excellent musicianship!👍

Thanks again, and have a Rockin' week!

Bob

Johnbee58:

Hi, John,

Thank you so much!  I truly appreciate you taking time to check out the video for me, and also for your very kind comments!😀

By the way, very nice work on your new patriotic song and video, great song and very important message!👍

Thanks again, John, it's always great to hear from another Pennsylvania musician!😀

Have a great week!

Bob