Patch change at beginning of project not included in MIDI file export

sreams

I'm noticing this consistent behavior today. I have multiple projects that have a MIDI track setup with patch changes only. If I export this track to a Standard MIDI file (or drag the clip onto the desktop), the first patch change is not included. If I duplicate the first patch change first (so that there are two of the same patch changes at the exact same time), the export includes only one of them (this is my sort-of workaround for the moment).

I've attached the .cwp file as well as the .mid file that is generated by an export.

OFAWtest.cwp OFAWtest.mid

6 hours ago, msmcleod said:

The exported MIDI file does have the program changes.

What is happening, is when you load the MIDI file (which is effectively an import), the first program change is automatically assigned to the track:

image.png.939ababd91f071db1dc67772da046695.png

Ah... thanks. That makes sense.

I did try moving the patch change to a later time (1:01:003), but it still does this in that case. Wouldn't that be a situation where the .mid file is no longer consistent with the .cwp file? The patch change would not be sent at the same time in both files... and I would want it sent at the specific time I set it to.